The Office of Payroll Administration (OPA) is recruiting an Administrative Accountant to head the Payroll Banking Division. The Director of Payroll Banking reports to the Deputy Executive Director (DED), Bureau of Payroll Operations and is responsible for managing the Payroll Funding Certification and ACH Unit (PFCU) and Reconciliation Unit (RU). PFCU processes the payroll funding of the City's net pay of payroll, manages direct deposit funding, direct deposit stops/EFT reversals, reimbursement of returned ACH credits and certifies agency payrolls prior to distribution. RU reconciles the numerous bank accounts associated with the City's payroll and receives bank reconciliation packages involving the City's employees and monies.
In the capacity of Director of Payroll Banking, the selected candidate will:
• Ensures that all banking transactions are accurate and reconciled
• Plans and manages the activities of Payroll certifications, reconciliation, vouchering, and funding in the Financial Management System (FMS)
• Maintains the banking relationship with the financial Institutions and the Department of Finance.
• Prepares and submits the Comptroller's Year-End report.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 24 credits in accounting, including one course each in advanced accounting, auditing, and cost accounting and four years of satisfactory full-time professional accounting or auditing experience, at least 18 months of which must have been in an administrative, managerial, or executive capacity or supervising a staff performing accounting or auditing work; or
2. A valid New York State Certified Public Accountant license and at least 18 months of satisfactory full-time professional accounting or auditing experience in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity or supervising a staff performing accounting or auditing work.
• Certified Public Accountant is a plus
• Strong qualitative and analytical skills
• Familiarity with Payroll management System (PMS), Financial Management System (FMS), Pension Payroll Management System (PPMS), and Report Distribution Management System (RMDS)
• Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Strong management and leadership skills
• Excellent MS Excel, Word and outlook
Must apply via nyc.gov/careers or city employees apply via Employee Self-Service
1 Centre Street, Room 200N, New York, NY 10007
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
NYC Careers - 14 months ago