Bachelor of Science
1. Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or related science.
2. Completion of an accredited ASCP Medical Technology intern training program.
3. National certification as an MT (ASCP).
4. Montana State license as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist .
5. Computer literate.
1. Maintains computer hardware and supplies with cost containment in mind
2. Assists with training new employees
3. Performs all validation procedures and maintains necessary documentation
4. Maintains test tables, dictionaries and fee schedules
5. Helps prepare LIS documentation for CAP inspection
6. Helps write LIS procedures and policies
7. Maintains and monitors reference laboratory interface to insure accuracy
8. Tests and implements new instrument interfaces & office software interface
9. Tests and implements computer upgrades in a timely manner
10. Demonstrates good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
11. Monitors patient reports for data integrity and completeness. Follows through on necessary changes.
12. Customizes laboratory reports to fit the needs of the Medical Staff
13. Updates LIS and CDM with CPT changes and Medicare/Medicaid changes
14. Monitors LIS and CDM for billing discrepancies
15. Insures correct billing for outpatient and clients
16. Participates in Performance Improvement (PI) projects and assists other Lab personnel in securing computer data for PI projects
17. Is able to work in stressful and demanding situations
18. Maintain/update Lab EMR Records
Kalispell Regional Medical Center - 21 months ago