Zenimax Online Studios seeks a Lead DevOps Engineer to help lead the build, automation and monitoring of the infrastructure platform for our massively multiple player game, The Elder Scrolls Online - www. elderscrollsonline.com. Your mission will be to lead a team of engineers that will help architect, create, and design a reliable, secure, scalable environment to provide the best gaming experience for our end users.
You will do this as part of a team of system administrators, network engineers, and database analysts building an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) platform. You will work closely with other engineering teams to better understand their software enabling you to adapt the platform to their needs.
You should have a passion for producing quality deliverables in a timely manner which will work under duress and whine loudly when they fail. You will be working in a fast paced (Agile) environment, following a structured build and publishing process.
The ideal candidate is a technology generalist (who may have demonstrated significant specialization in previous positions) who can comfortably and confidently work with and learn from an experienced team comprised of veterans from within and outside the game industry.
You must have previous experience as project lead, product owner, or systems architect and possess excellent negotiation skills, the ability to delegate complex tasks, estimate the length of time to complete tasks and to define and document requirements.
You must possess a minimum of 5 year experience in a live environment, supporting at least 500 physical or virtual Linux (CentOS/RHEL/Debian/Ubuntu) systems with recent hands-on experience in:
You must have extensive experience automating and monitoring infrastructure deployments using modern scripting languages (Python, Ruby) configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, CfEngine, or Bcfg2) and command execution frameworks (Fabric, Mcollective, or Capistrano) and automated imaging tools (PXE, Kickstart, Cobbler, Orchestra)
- Core system services: BIND, Sendmail, Postfix, Samba, Rsync, NTP, NFS, etc.
- Web servers (Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd) and application frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Django, PHP, Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.)
- System and Application Logging: syslog-ng, rsyslog, Splunk, etc.
- Source code management: git, Perforce, Subversion, CVS, etc.
- RedHat or Debian package creation and repository management
- SQL or NoSQL databases: MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres, MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.
You must have experience with command-line Linux hardware and container based virtualization (Xen, KVM, LXC, or OpenVZ) technologies not just VmWare or VirtualBox.
You must have strong Linux networking experience including routing, NAT, VLAN, bridging, and prior experience with Cisco or Juniper network routers and switches is a plus.
You must have experience designing, evaluating, and optimizing monitoring and trending systems: Munin, Nagios, Zenoss, Zabbix, Cacti, Graphite, etc.
You must have prior experience in a 24/7 on call rotation supporting Internet-facing applications or systems.
You should have strong hands-on experience with Dell/HP/IBM Blade and Rack Servers including systems management software, local, storage, etc.
---- What we'd prefer
- MMO gaming experience preferred, especially during product announcement and launch.
- Experience automating public cloud deployments (AWS, Rackspace) and implementing private cloud infrastructure (OpenStack, Eucalyptus)
- Author a technical blog or github page with code samples.
- A passion for security tools and best practices: OS hardening, vulnerability scanning, system auditing.
- Experience with load balancers (F5, Citrix, Haproxy) and web caches (Varnish, Squid) and Storage/SAN (FC/iSCSI)
- Experience performing system and network and application load testing and identifying and addressing hardware, network, system, or application bottlenecks.
- Experience with continuous build/integration systems: Hudson/Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, etc.
ZeniMax Media Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job