Software Engineers have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems. Pushing the boundaries of current mobile devices, you will perform technological feats under constrained environments and will be presented with exciting challenges in enabling the next generation of mobility.
As a software engineer in the Linux Kernel team for Motorola Mobility, y
ou will work on many projects that carry varying responsibilities. Below are some examples of the diverse projects with which you might be involved.
- Lead a group of engineers to design and develop new power management strategies
- Develop device drivers for new peripherals
- Optimize the performance of Linux and Android on our mobile devices
- Discover new methods for extending battery life
- Solve complex hardware/software interactions.
- Strong EE/CS background, Bachelors degree with 3 years related experience
- Strong C programming skills
- Masters in EE/CE/CS, 8-10 years experience
- Excellent C, C++ and ARM/x86 assembly language programming skills
- Working knowledge of Linux Kernel, Android Architecture, and ARM-based chipsets
- Experience in Power Management for mobile devices
- Experience in filesystems and NAND/eMMC for embedded devices
- OSS software engagement / examples of work
Motorola Mobility - 12 months ago