Process Engineer Position
Welcome to Axiall Corporation, the new industry leader created by the pending merger of Georgia Gulf and the commodity chemicals business of PPG. With enhanced vertical integration and portfolio diversification, Axiall emerges as a Fortune 500-size company with tremendous growth opportunities. Axiall represents a new kind of Chemistry Company; one that responsibly harnesses applied chemistry to solve common problems, improve every-day life and drive human progress Process Engineer
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete process engineering for projects that will reduce Natrium’s operating costs, improve environmental performance or allow products to meet customer requirements.
- Assists in solving technical problems in the production areas.
- Identify process changes that improve the operational efficiency of the Natrium facility.
- Take projects from conception through scope definition, engineering development, ACT preparation and interact with the project engineering team at Natrium to install and start up projects.
- A BS degree in chemical engineering
- Five year of chemical process experience
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of process safety management
- 6 Sigma and/or Lean training and project experience
- Experience with chemical process modeling programs such as Aspen Plus or Chemcad
- Chlor-Alkali and Derivative operations engineering experience
Axiall - 2 years ago