Plans, develops, and implements brand strategies and marketing programs by performing the following duties: |
Scope of Responsibilities
Assist Brand Manager in managing the product line to meet volume, and profit objectives.
- Lead cross functional team in new product development. Includes establishing product parameters (concept, price, packaging), developing marketing plans and selling tools, forecasting volume and growth expectations.
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing plans, including trade and consumer promotions, packaging, point of purchase and public relations. Present marketing plans to sales organization and customers as required. Coordinate with outside agencies as required.
- Manage daily operations for product line to achieve volume and profit objectives, including cross-functional team coordination and sales forecasting.
- Initiate ideas to further build business.
- Conduct quantitative analysis on a regular basis from variety of sources – shipment data, consumption information, and competitive performance – to track achievement of business results vs. budget and understand business drivers.
- Provide data-based recommendations for building the business.
- Conduct, review and analyze market research to aid in decision making.
Develop solid working relationship with cross-functional counterparts.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
Education & Work Experience
- Strategic thinking skills and proven experience generating original ideas.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of independence.
- Strong leadership and project management skills in order to manage project timelines and cross-functional teams with excellence in execution and strong attention to details.
- Strong analytical skills in using data to make sound recommendations affecting business decisions and results.
- Ability to solve problems and overcome obstacles.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written communication skills and solid presentation skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ideally have a good foundation of marketing know-how, consumer insight and an understanding of how to manage all elements of the marketing mix.
- MBA Degree required (from a top 20 business school preferred)
- Minimum 6 months of related work experience in marketing and/or project management
- Ideally have experience influencing all elements of the marketing mix (product, positioning, packaging, pricing, promotion and distribution) in a leading Consumer Packaged Goods Company
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At the Ghirardelli Chocolate Company, we offer broad range of benefits to our exempt and non-exempt employees. These may include the following:
- Medical/dental/vision plans
- Flexible time off
- Paid holidays
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement ...
The Ghirardelli Chocolate Company is a manufacturer and marketer of premium chocolate products.
Incorporated in 1852 and in continuous operation ...
Ghirardelli Chocolate Company - 17 months ago
The Ghirardelli Chocolate Company is a manufacturer and marketer of premium chocolate products. Incorporated in 1852, Ghirardelli has an...