Our office in Washington, DC has an exciting opportunity for an individual to manage and coordinate a signature fundraising campaign of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) within the National Capital Area market. This Associate Director position will manage our market’s Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes events. The appropriate candidate will be a self-motivated, high-energy person with demonstrated experience in identifying, recruiting & cultivating volunteers and will have a track record in generating financial support for events both with sponsorship and participant fundraising. The Associate Director is responsible for the achievement of the volunteer committee recruitment, Walk recruitment, sponsorship and fundraising goals of the event.
Successful candidate is results-oriented with solid experience working with and through groups to achieve desired outcome in non-profit setting. Cold-call sales experience and customer relationship building experiences are highly desirable. Strong presentation skills, oral and written are required. Must know how to close the deal, confirm mutual understandings, and manage volunteer participation to successful outcomes. Must pay close attention to details, be able to manage multiple activities, and describe ADA's vision of successful events to volunteers. Conduct training and orientation of staff and volunteers.
Lead the recruitment of volunteer leadership, both for fundraising and logistics, for the National Capital area Step Out Walks. Must have experience in sales for both sponsorship and participants. Knowledge of the Washington, DC market is essential. Experience with planning or managing large scale outdoor events is desired.
This exciting position will report to the Director of Special Events and is based in our Washington, DC office.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of demonstrated success in recruiting, managing and coaching volunteers
* Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage senior-level executives to serve as volunteers for leadership volunteer positions within the event
* 4+ years of successful fundraising experience with demonstrated year-over-year increases
* Demonstrated success in recruiting multiple sponsorships over $5,000
* Experience with income and expense procedures and reporting
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
* Familiarity with financial reports and analysis
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Expert level proficiency with MS Office
* Access to a car is a must as local travel is required
* Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends
* Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
When you join us, you can expect competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and a true focus on work-life balance. You can find all of this in an environment that promotes inclusion. Are you ready to take your career on a mission?
An Equal Opportunity Employer
* Together We Can Stop Diabetes *
American Diabetes Association - 19 months ago