Directs and coordinates Storage operations in a fast paced, financial services company. Daily operations duties including managing NAS, SAN and DASD infrastructure for domestic and international sites.
About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network is a leading provider of prepaid and financial payments products for consumers and businesses. The company’s Gift Card Mall™ offers the industry’s most popular prepaid gift card and telecom products. Gift Card Mall reaches more than 165 million people each week through an exclusive network of leading grocery, big box, convenience, drug, and specialty stores and is available through Internet retailers including GiftCardMall.com. Blackhawk Network’s business solutions include reward and incentive programs that offer choice and flexibility through a wide array of card brands and custom designed Visa and MasterCard fulfillment options.
Headquartered in Pleasanton, California, Blackhawk Network Inc. has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, France, Japan, Mexico and the United Kingdom. For more information about Blackhawk Network visit www.blackhawknetwork.com and www.giftcardmall.com
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/GCMall and on Facebook: http://bit.ly/GCMall
Directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing escalations and resolving problems. Specific duties include:
- Performs analysis of storage needs and contributes to design of storage architecture, integration and installation.
- Maintains storage hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, storage systems, cabling and connectivity.
- Coordinates with other departments in order to understand and meet their requirements.
- Evaluates storage hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations.
- Checks systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures.
- Establishes budgetary requirements for equipment replacement and upgrades.
- Establishes and controls storage systems access and security.
- Provides support to and trains users in storage administration and usage.
- Monitors and maintains storage stability, collects and analyzes storage utilization, and reports monthly on the health and well-being of the enterprise.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for storage hardware, software and professional services.
- Develops or maintains strong relationships with service providers.
- Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products.
- Provides and maintains comprehensive documentation of storage systems. This is to
include all Storage infrastructure and disaster recovery planning
- Develops, maintains and tests Storage disaster recovery plans.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in all situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts effective meetings.
- Delegation—the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Management skills—the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes themself available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
Storage technologies across multiple routing platforms, with multiple vendors. Intimate familiarity with commercial platforms for storage, replication and processes. Methods to provide for highly available internal services. Extensive experience in financial service delivery, DR, BC, and production access controls. Practical experience with virtualization layers for computing and storage systems.
- 8+ years’ experience in leading storage workgroups at various levels, promoting teamwork and delivering service excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required in Computer science, engineering, or other technical area.
- Experience designing, administering, and maintaining Storage hardware and systems, i.e , Controllers, disk subsystems, FCAL, NAS, HBA based server access, CIFS/NFS.
- Strong knowledge of storage applications interoperability and IT industry standards, e.g. NDMP, UFSdump, CIFS/NFS.
- Technical certifications a plus.