Event & Facility Operations: Event Promotions
Tour Event Promoter - Event Marketing (Pueblo, Co)
The Tour Event Promoter (Marketing Manager) works as part of the Marketing/PR team to create and execute effective Tour marketing, PR, Sales Strategies and initiatives. The Tou Eventr Promoter (Marketing Manager) is responsible for the overall ticket sales and marketing strategies for live events per tour season. Responsibilities include venue scaling, media buying, reaching/exceeding ticket sales budgets and goals, developing PR plans to supports overall ticket sales goals and onsite event management with the venue.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establish integrated media and event marketing plans for PBR’s BFTS & TPD events within 5-8 markets per season
• Manage individual event marketing budgets
• Scale venues according to specific budget requirements & goals
• Creatively incentivize market to meet ticket sales goals and budgets
• Manage overall event budget; included ongoing budget and expense forecasting
• Manage onsite communication for event facilitation including contract negotiations & settlements, sponsorship & production fulfillment/set up, and box office/ticket inventory.
• Research markets across the country to cultivate relationships with community leaders, organizations and businesses to identify promotional and grassroots opportunities.
• Develop integrated PR campaigns with PR department
• Assist in pitching local media for print, online and broadcast placements
• Must be able to travel to all assigned events for pre-event field work and onsite event management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Ticketing experience or venue box office management preferred
• Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
* Media buying experience
• Along with creativity, time and project management skills, and the ability to work under hard deadlines and sales goal expectations
• Proficiency using MS Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING:
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
• Five plus years’ experience in touring, event marketing/sales or live events
• Normal business hours 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
• Flexible to travel to sponsorship and marketing meetings throughout the year, travel 30-50% of time
• Extended hours may be required in preparation for events
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you willing to relocate to the Headquarters in Southern Colorado?
2. Salary expectations?
3. List 3 examples of successful revenue generating events that you've promoted.
4. List examples of media buys you've made in your current role?
PBR - 2 years ago
Proving the axiom, "If you mess with the bull, you get the horns," Professional Bull Riders (PBR) promotes the sport of...