BT Global Services
We bring it all together for you
BT Global Services is a managed networked IT services company, operating globally and delivering locally. We work for 8,500 organizations, such as BMW, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Emirates, the EU, Fiat, FTSE, Microsoft, NATO, NYSE Euronext, Thomson Reuters, Unilever, Volkswagen and Volvo. They rely on our networks and services for their success.
Heritage and scope
We understand networks and our customers can draw on more than 30 years of experience working with them. We have a unique breadth of scope, reach and capability. Our network reaches all corners of the world, underpinning global business by delivering networked IT services securely and efficiently wherever it operates. We’re part of BT Group, which, with annual revenues of more than $30 billion, is one of the 200 largest companies in the world. BT is a direct descendent of the world’s first commercial telecommunications undertaking. Founded in 1846, it was the forerunner of today’s $3.2 trillion IT industry. With privatization in 1984, BT heralded today’s vibrant and competitive telecommunications industry.
Position: Video Conferencing Consultant
Organization: BT Advise
Office Location: Minneapolis, MN (as this is a direct-hire Consultant role, the incumbent will work as a Resident Engineer on site at the client site)
Travel Requirements: Future engagements may require regional or national travel, and the work location will be dependent on the assignment.
- Operate and maintain auditoriums/event spaces supporting high level executive presentation events that may include the following technologies: live audio, video patching and switching, projection, PC collaboration, webcast and video conferencing.
- Liaise, recommend, plan and execute all auditorium/event space-based events and meetings, in collaboration with the client.
- Interact in person, by phone, &/or by e-mail directly with client management & end-users.
- Ensure high quality customer service levels at all times.
- Approach service commitment with ‘can do’ attitude in a customer-facing role.
- Execute all aspects of video conferencing including call set up, end-user training, troubleshooting, & follow through on escalation of trouble incidents occurring during call.
- Create, update, & resolve trouble tickets as assigned as well as monitoring queue.
- Resolve issues quickly and innovatively.
- Support delivery of all aspects of multimedia during an event (i.e., video projection of content, etc.)
- Manage technical aspects of live corporate events ensuring successful completion of all assignments.
- Record and coordinate content delivery during event for distribution to the client network.
- Manage, in partnership and direction from client, all aspects of event production.
- Provide technical support and subject matter expertise concerning all aspects of client campus auditorium equipment and functionality.
- Operate bridge (launching & monitoring video conferences), control systems, taking responsibility for all aspects of audio and video conferencing technologies and productions prior to and during events.
- Plan and participate in pre-event testing sessions, document results, ensure contingency plans are established and implemented prior to event.
- Set up, testing, operation, and tear down of audio visual (AV), video conference equipment and room ambience equipment (lighting, etc.), if required for events. Ensure equipment is stored appropriately.
- Maintain auditorium integrity through appropriate equipment/cable maintenance; escalate housekeeping issues to appropriate parties; and ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Perform, during conference set up, third-level problem determination & resolution (microphones checks, remote controls, control systems, cable management, etc.) as necessary according to client SOWs.
- Maintain control booth areas to ensure they are clean, safe and organized.
- Manage & deploy client provided spares as required.
- Deliver training & client support to end users in the operations of audiovisual systems.
- Stay abreast of current and new technology introduced into the control booth to ensure smooth operation.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn new technologies and explore alternative methods.
- Stay abreast of industry advancements, standards, trends, technologies, and applications.
- Coordinate audiovisual activities with other client groups as required (e.g., facilities, IT, etc.).
- Interact with other teams within BT Advise and BT Global Services organizations to leverage daily technical support enhancing efficiencies in line with company goals and objectives.
- Handle other relevant duties assigned/required.
- 5+ years experience in VC and AV operations and event industry.
- Working knowledge of integrated and non-integrated VC systems.
- Experience and/or strong working knowledge of multiple VC platforms (e.g., Polycom, Tandberg, Cisco, etc.)
- Sound AV & VC troubleshooting experience.
- Proven experience in all aspects of control booth operation technology (e.g., mixing consoles, projection, lighting, and wireless audio)
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented with ability to solve problems in an efficient and expeditious manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high-end customer focused corporate environment.
- Good organizational & time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with varying levels of end users.
- Ability to exceed expectations projecting a calm and professional demeanor even during stressful situations.
- Accountable for client satisfaction; maintains/builds effective working relationships.
- Demonstrate flexibility (e.g., redeployment, off-hour setup requests, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and with Outlook.
- Experience with Web-based applications.
- A college (university) degree is preferred, or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Vendor specific certifications on video conferencing systems a plus; CVE preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking.
- Existing authorization to work in the United States on a permanent basis is required.
- No relocation support is currently available for this position.
- Travel is an inherent part of this position.
- BT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
BT - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard