Will perform as Lead Engineer or Project Engineer with responsibility for technical direction over Design Engineers on one or more Projects. Will be responsible for independently applying advanced mechanical engineering techniques and analysis to assigned projects. Will be responsible for coordinating efforts with other Engineering disciplines. Will supervise and provide technical guidance to less experienced engineering and drafting personnel. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with vendors, clients and other Jacobs employees. Evaluates the desired goal of the system and develops and/or designs, or selects the required equipment & piping to achieve the goal: Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects: Directs activities to ensure that designs conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements: Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer: May direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations: May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering task. |
Training and Experience
- At least 15 years of experience on oil & gas projects is required
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering is required
- PE registration highly desirable
- Experience in the oil/gas industry, preferably refinery.
- E xperience in the engineering & design of vessels, pumps, heat exchangers, compressors, utility systems, or other complex hydrocarbon production & processing equipment and associated piping systems.
- Must be familiar with all National Codes applicable to such equipment and piping systems.
- Must be capable of preparing specifications, data sheets, inquiries and technical bid tabs, and performing drawing reviews of mechanical equipment.
- Must be computer literate, at a minimum proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Other Essential Functions
Affirmative Action/Employment Opportunity
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Last Updated By
No results found.
At approximately $13 Billion in revenues, Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and...