Job Title: Messaging Integration Engineer
Job ID: 16040
Location: Wakefield,MA, US
Line of Business: Epsilon
About the Opportunity
Epsilon is seeking a MTA Integration Engineer to provide highly specialized and advanced technical expertise and mentoring in the design, development and integration of our Message Transfer Agent (MTA). The MTA Integration Engineer will Lead the specific effort to integrate the Message Systems Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) into the Epsilon product line.
- Engage as a member of an agile team in Product Engineering to design, prototype, build and deliver, and evolve our new message delivery platform while insuring high quality. Participate in product and hardware review meetings in order to provide an "operations" perspective to priority items and defects for scoping.
- Act as one of the Digital Product Operations Team members to provide maintenance and support of the MTA platform, ensuring 100% availability and addressing deliverability as well as performance concerns with internal teams and ISPs.
- Analyze and optimize end-to-end processing through up- and down-stream configurations and performance and work with Development, QA, Operations, Product, Client Services, and Shared Technology Services Infrastructure Operations teams to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Investigate means of improving delivery cost through competitive vendor analysis and alternative implementations.
Compensation and Benefits
- Must have excellent analytics and problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in moderate to high volume email platforms.
- 3-5 years experience with Linux/Unix shell and/or administration. Multi-platform experiences a plus!
- Solid scripting and/or programming experience (Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, etc.).
- 3 to 5 years of production network or network application experience, preferably including 2 to 3 years of production email (SMTP) experience.
- Strong knowledge of DNS and troubleshooting of TCP/IP issues.
- Basic understanding of SQL and database technologies.
- Must be well organized and be able to multi-task.
- Must be a team player and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a person who is very positive and enjoys the work.
- Any Email service provider (ESP); digital marketing; and/or digital messaging platform implementation (including any of the following MTA, SMS, MMS, XMPP, RFC822, SMTP, MUA, box, mild) experience is a plus.
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background checks.
Epsilon is the industry's leading marketing services firm, with a broad array of data-driven, multichannel marketing solutions that leverage consumer insight to help brands deepen their relationships with customers. Services include strategic consulting, acquisition and customer database technologies, loyalty management, proprietary data, predictive modeling and a full range of direct and digital agency services, including creative, interactive web design, email deployment, search engine optimization and direct mail production. In addition, Epsilon is the world's largest permission-based email marketer. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/or call 1.800.309.0505.
Epsilon is an all-encompassing global marketing company, a leader in creating connections between people and brands. We find, acquire and...