How to Apply
A cover letter is required on PAGE 1 of your resume. In the cover letter, it should include:
(1) Specific outline of the reasons for your interest in the position
(2) An outline of your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position
(3) Current or ending salary
*Starting salary may vary depending on qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
**NOTE: This is a full time; term limited position ending after 2-years with the intent to reevaluate for potential extension.**
This is an exciting position working with the ITS MiWorkspace Windows Desktop Engineering team which provides all aspects of support to Windows operating system and software deployment across university campus. We have a strong team-oriented approach to our work and this opportunity will require good technical skills and a willingness to learn and grow as there will be many opportunities to learn new things. We currently support thousands of Windows computers and are constantly migrating more into the MiWorkspace service.
Develops, updates and deploys Windows environments which includes performing complex problem analysis and resolution, operating system revisions, hardware recommendations, core software installations and updates. Coordinates and performs mass deployments of desktop builds. Evaluates, configures, automates, tests, and deploys additional software frequently. Builds, configures and maintains servers, server applications and systems used for the support and management of desktop and software deployments. Performs general Active Directory account, group, and group policy management. Develops, modifies, tests, documents and implements systems used in the deployment and management of ITS services. Independently prioritizes the completion of tasks and resolution of issues to ensure compliance to project timelines and deliverables. Develops, maintains and analyzes software packaging and deployment procedures, audits and best practices; works with vendors to file bug reports and resolve technical issues; responds to ITS audits and security reports, recommendations and remediation requests and participates in process improvement initiatives.
Contributes to research and evaluation of new enterprise technologies, processes, upgrades to Windows desktop enhancements by identifying when established procedures are not working and there are gaps in processes, and makes recommendations for improvements. Develops and edits customer and technical support knowledge base documentation.
Stays current with relevant advances in technologies. Responsible for maintaining and updating knowledge of IT policies and procedures, hardware, software, and technical services. This can include: on-the-job training, attending technical courses or conferences, reading, research, and testing. Develops and follows best practices and procedures and share knowledge with team members.
Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate in this role the following organization competencies, but not limited to:
* Building Relationship / Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive and cooperative relationships, inside and outside of workgroup, interacting in a friendly, open, honest, and accepting manner. Maintains agreed upon levels of confidentiality.
* Development of Self and Others: Demonstrated initiative in participating in growth opportunities for continuous development and improvement.
* Quality Service: Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers in a manner that consistently meets the organizations expectations for exemplary customer service.
* Associates degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
* Minimum of one year experience in a related role requiring timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, analysis, problem solving and working independently to successfully install, *configure, maintain, and support Window software.
* Knowledge of some or all of the following Windows scripting languages: Batch, VBS, Powershell.
* Knowledge of the basic understanding of TCP/IP network.
* Familiarity with current computer technology and applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, and collaboration applications).
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive and cooperative relationships, inside and outside of work group, interacting in a friendly, open, honest, and accepting manner.
* Demonstrated initiative in participating in growth opportunities for continuous development and improvement and to apply new skills/knowledge to the job.
* Strong knowledge and experience with Powershell scripting
* Experience with SCCM 2007 and/or 2012
* Experience with AdminStudio for packaging
* Experience packaging and deploying applications according change management methodology
* Experience packaging applications in the MiWorkspace environment
Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required.
May require on-call availability and working during non-business hours and on weekends.
May require travel to various location on and off university campus
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Normal amount of sitting, average mobility to move around an office environment. Able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer. Responsible for protecting data and information from unauthorized release or from loss, alteration, or unauthorized deletion; and, following applicable regulations and instructions regarding access to computerized files, release of data, etc. as stated in a computer access agreement which the incumbent signs.
Staff member are required to provide and maintain his or her own high-speed residential connectivity services.
The University of Michigan was featured as one of the "Great Colleges to Work For" in the 2012 Chronicle of Higher Education.