Who are we and what do we do?
ISS Solutions is an industry leader in clinical engineering services, providing solutions that help healthcare organizations provide high quality patient care through timely, accurate, and cost-effective delivery of clinical equipment services. Additionally, our services help clients meet regulatory requirements and contribute positively to their bottom line.
About our Culture
ISS Solutions' culture is what differentiates us from our competition. We look for talented, hardworking, goal-oriented individuals who are eager to learn, grow and who demonstrate a can-do attitude to overcome challenges.
Position: Biomedical Equipment Technician, Entry (BMET I)
To perform inspection, preventative maintenance and low level repaid of medical equipment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains records of each work assignment
- Reads technical journal and literature related to job field
- Reads and interprets instructional and maintenance manuals and schmatic diagrams related to equipment service
- Participates in organized education and training activities to upgrade job knowledge and job performance
- Must be able to travel as necessary to perform the technical tasks below
- Performs any and all tasks within his/her capabilities as may be required to help meet overall corporate objectives
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Operates basic test equipment, such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, safety analyzers, ESU analyzers, Defibrillator analyzers and physiological input simulators
- Performs simple electronic component removal and replacement
- Inspects, replaces as necessary: patient cables, transducers, lamps, fuses, line cords and line connectors
- Within six to nine months, should be prepared to assume on-call repair responsibilities
The following performance expectations represent core competency requirements for the position of Biomedical Equipment Technician, Entry:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Troubleshoots equipment problems to the modular level
- Demonstrates proper and effective use of test equipment, input simulators, and hand tools
- Performs mechanical and electronic component replacements
- Reads schematic diagrams and identifies component parts
- Interacts in a professional manner with all client staff, patients, and co-workers
- Maintains knowledge of, and compliance with ISS Solutions Service Reporting System policies and procedures
- Maintains knowledge of, and compliance with ISS Solutions and client mandated policies regarding workplace safety issues (infection control, fire safety, hazard communications, etc.)
Our benefits package is designed to attract, retain, and motivate high caliber professionals in support of the mission and goals of ISS Solutions. We offer a full array of benefits that add value to your compensation package and protect you and your family. This includes medical/dental insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off, which provide for personal well-being. In addition, we offer a 401K with a generous company match, optional short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts that help to contribute to your financial security.
- Completion of a two-year associate degree program in Biomedical Equipment Technology, or a two-year program in electronic technology plus two years of on-the-job experience repairing electronic or electro-mechanical equipment
- Must be able to access and work in confined spaces with little or no assistance
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. to chest height unassisted and 60 lbs. assisted
- Must possess the necessary dexterity normally associated with electro-mechanical repair skills
- Must be willing and able to work with potentially harmful/irritating chemicals
- Must be able to read and write English and communicate effectively with hospital staff, vendors, manufacturers, and corporate staff
- Must have a reliable means of transportation and a valid driver's license
- Must have exceeded all the requirements of a BMET Inspector
Qualified Inspector candidates will be considered.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
ISS Solutions no longer hires applicants who use tobacco products, including cigarettes, cigars and chewing or smokeless tobacco. Applicants will be screened for nicotine as part of the pre-employment process. Nicotine will be part of the urine drug screen. Applicants who test positive for nicotine will not be offered employment. Applicants who test positive may re-apply for jobs within six months.
ISS Solutions - 14 months ago