Tinker Air Force Base plays a key role in managing and maintaining the sophisticated weapon systems that keep America's air defenses strong. A highly skilled workforce of more than 24,000 civilians and military personnel work together to complete the Air Force mission. Whatever your background or expertise, you will find rewarding career opportunities at Tinker.
NOTE: NEW APPOINTMENTS SHALL BE MADE AT THE MINIMUM RATE OF THE APPROPRIATE GRADE UNLESS REGULATORY GUIDANCE PERMITS OTHERWISE.
PCS (permanent Change of Station), Travel, and any other Transportation expenses incurred incident to assignment to this duty location are not authorized.
This register is being established and may be used to fill:
(A) Full time permanent positions; OR
(B) Full time term positions exceeding 1 year but will not exceed 4 years from the date of the initial term appointment; OR
(C) Full time temporary positions not to exceed 1 year.
Applications will be rated as vacancies occur.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM U.S. CITIZENS (REGARDLESS OF RESIDENCE).
Additional Duty Location Info:
Few vacancies - TINKER AFB, OK
The primary purpose of this position is to perform magnetic particle, liquid penetrant, dimensional and visual inspection of components or parts of aircraft. Performs magnetic particle and/or liquid penetrant inspection to detect and interpret the relevancy of flaws in metal parts. Performs all processing tasks such as dipping items in penetrants or magnetic particle baths, washing, drying and applying developer, magnetizing and demagnetizing ferrous items. Subjects the items to special lighting to detect and evaluate flaws, their nature, size, scope, and exact location. Inspects jet engine parts when required by technical orders for abnormal wear and distortion and to determine necessary modifications required. Makes final determination of parts condition and tags as serviceable, repairable or condemned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
The description of your work experience in your application (OF-612, or other acceptable written format) must clearly demonstrate that you have gained and currently possess the following knowledge, skill, and abilities shown below to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position being filled:
1. Ability to do the work of a Nondestructive Tester without more than normal supervision; ( THIS IS A SCREENOUT ELEMENT . Screenout Elements are the critical knowledge, skills, and abilities that are essential for satisfactory job performance. Applicant must receive a minimum of two points on the Screenout Element to be deemed eligible for consideration.)
2. Knowledge of the full range of ultrasonic, eddy current and magnetic particle-liquid penetrant methods of nondestructive testing.
3. Knowledge of the various shapes, sizes and density of flaw indications in parts being tested and safety regulations and procedures.
4. Skill to use ultrasonic, eddy-current and magnetic particle-liquid penetrant processes and set up and operate equipment to examine a variety of parts, components, or material to detect hidden subsurface flaws, corrosion and separation in bonded and honeycomb structures; integrity of welds, precision dimensional and volume measurements; hardness of materials; and to determine if defects found render the article unacceptable or acceptable.
5. Ability to read and interpret quality directives, engineering drawings, Nondestructive Inspection (NDI) literature, and technical orders concerning nondestructive testing methods and procedures and to make repairs and adjustments to equipment and instruments; and replace electrical-electronic components and batteries.
6. Ability to document actions and maintain records manually or on a computer terminal.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS
Physical Demands: Prolonged standing, frequent lifting of parts and materials weighing up to 40 pounds unassisted and occasionally over 50 pounds with assistance of lifting devices or other workers is required. Both hands and good eyesight required. Work requires stooping, bending, stretching, and climbing in, on or through aircraft with equipment.
Working Environment: Works inside shop and in areas adjacent to or removed from the Shop. Exposed to oils and processing penetrant solutions which may cause dermatitis or allergy. Wears standard safety equipment and protective clothing.
1. May be required to work rotating shifts or uncommon tours of duty. Subject to call back to meet emergency situations.
2. May be required to possess a valid operator's license to drive a motor vehicle to and from work site.
3. May be required to obtain appropriate clearance to perform the work in sensitive areas.
Appointment is contingent upon passing a physical examination.
NOTE: If you want to change and/or add information to your application package during the open period of this announcement, you will need to reapply (to include completing the online questionnaire) and include the changed and/or added information with your application package. This will ensure you receive full consideration for this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING
You will be rated under Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which your experience on your resume meets the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required for the position and rated as shown below. Additional points are not added for veteran's preference; however, preference is still applied.
Category 1, Best Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the position of Nondestructive Tester. Candidates in this category are considered expert level specialists in performing the duties of Nondestructive Tester.
Category 2, Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum specialized experience requirements for the position of Nondestructive Tester.
Category 3, Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum specialized experience requirements for the position of Nondestructive Tester.
You will be rated on the detailed description and quality of your experience described in the application (i.e. Optional Application for Federal Employment, OF-612, or other acceptable written application format) in combination with your responses to the occupational questions in this document. Note: If a determination is made that you rated yourself higher than is supported by your description of experience and/or education, you will be assigned to the appropriate category as reflected by your knowledge, skills and abilities.
Benefits and Other Info
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
Other Information regarding Citizenship, Priority Placement Registrants, Retired Civil Employees, Credit for Unpaid or Volunteer Experience, Veteran's Preference, Military Spouse Preference, and Certain Military Spouse Eligibility (E.O. 13473), etc. is available on our website at http://www.tinker-af.org/jobs/otherinfo.htm
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes all of the following steps:
1. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
2. Your resume or OF-612, Optional Application for Federal Employment (which can be obtained from www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of612.pdf )
3. Additional Required Documents (such as college transcripts, proper documentation of veteran's status, etc) - A complete listing can be found under Required Documents.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET) on Saturday, February 19, 2011
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID AO421900. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144
NOTE: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
2. Print this OPM Form 1203-FX to provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf and Fax the competed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for you fax transmission.
For a complete list of required documents, go to the website linked below. It is your responsibility to provide the appropriate documents needed to determine your eligibility and/or qualifications for this announcement. DO NOT provide letters of appreciation, copies of performance appraisals, position descriptions, etc. http://www.tinker-af.org/jobs/requireddocs.htm
NOTE: Should you have any questions about the application process, rather than inquire by e-mail you are encouraged to call and speak with a Human Resource Representative at either the Job Information Center at (405) 734-0695 or the Delegated Examining Office at (405) 739-3272. Hours are 8:00-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Job Information Center
TINKER AIR FORCE BASE
4028 Hilltop Rd
Tinker AFB, OK 73145
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once the application process is completed in its entirety, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. A review will be made of your online questionnaire ALONG WITH the documentation you submitted to support your responses. You will receive written notice that designates whether or not you are found to be eligible.
usajobs.gov - 2 years ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...