This position will be open until filled. Application review will begin 2/15/2014. For full consideration, all application related materials should be submitted by 2/14/2014.
1. Teach a variety of Linux administration courses in both traditional and online modes.
2. Teaching assignments may be located on any of CSN's several campuses.
3. Teaching assignments may include other technical courses; most likely related to computer networking.
4. Assist other CIT faculty in development of new courses.
5. Serve on department and college-wide committees as needed.
College degree from a regionally accredited college/university with technical emphasis such as IT, IS, CS, EE, or equivalent.
One or more of the following industry certifications: BICSI, A+, Network+, Linux
Required documents (Cover Letter, Resume, and Transcripts) must be attached directly to the ON-LINE application. If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ON-LINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via email email@example.com or fax to 702.651.5778 SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
- Two or more years' experience at Tier I
- One or more years' work experience at Tier 2 in one or more areas such as Cisco, Microsoft, Linux, Computer Forensics, Network Security
- Advanced certification in one or more areas at or above: CCNA, GCFA, GSEC, ITIL-Foundation, ITS-Installer-1, LPI-1, MCSA, Network+, RHCSA
- Two or more years' experience teaching in a higher education setting.
- Bachelors or Master's degree with an emphasis in management.
College of Southern Nevada - 5 months ago