The Project Manager manages the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome and administers both the owner and subcontractor relationships for assigned projects.
The Project Manager is responsible for directing and mentoring on-site staff.
The position requires business management acumen and must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage and/or coordinate Company personnel and resources for the project (s)
• Assist with preconstruction efforts
• Manage all aspects of project from inception
• Prepare and execute Project Executive Plan
• Prepare trade contracts and bid packages, as well as oversee procurement process
• Oversee performance of project including, project status, schedule, cost control, change management systems,
• Maintain relationships with clients, designers and consultants
• Attend and lead project meetings, including progress, pre-construction and pre-award
• Review inspection and test data for compliance with specifications
• Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Superintendent
• Set-up QAQC procedures and conduct quality inspections
• Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others and enforce IFE program on projects.
Job Skills & Abilities
• Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
• Knowledge of Prolog
• Thorough understanding of industry
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good math/accounting skills
• Strong management skills
• Functions effectively as part of a team
• Ability to develop or maintain relationships with clients
• Exhibits strong leadership qualities
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong decision making/problem solving skills
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent
• 5 to 10 years of industry experience
Must have Sports project experience
Skanska is an EEO/AA Employer
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development networks in the country, serving a
broad range of industries including healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation,
transportation, power, energy, water/wastewater and commercial. Headquartered in New York with 36 offices across the country, Skanska USA employs approximately 9,400 employees committed to sustainable construction and development and an injury-free workplace. Skanska USA Building, which specializes in building construction, and Skanska USA Civil, which focuses on civil infrastructure, generated $4.9 billion in revenue in 2011, representing 28 percent of Skanska’s global construction revenues. Development units Skanska USA Commercial Development, which invests in and develops office and multi-family projects in select U.S. markets, and Skanska Infrastructure Development Americas, which develops public-private partnerships, are both leaders in their selected markets. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $18.9 billion in 2011.
Skanska - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Skanska USA Building Inc. is a leading national and local provider of construction, pre-construction consulting, general contracting and...