Position is responsible for the procurement of inventory both domestically and internationally. Ideal candidate will manage a strong network of reliable and quality-focused suppliers that ensure Fast-Rite has adequate inventory to support our growing customer base. Must be a strong team player and work collaboratively with sales, managers and supply chain to deliver strong internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Executes purchase orders including review for completeness and accuracy before submitting to suppliers.
- Manages delivery and follow-ups on errors, billing, quality, packaging, or related problems.
- Meets with suppliers to assess: ability to meet quality requirements; suitability of product, price, and delivery capabilities; existing problems; or solidify working relationships.
- Acts as liaison between supplier base and other departmental personnel to resolve existing problems, reduce total costs, and maintain quality and delivery requirements.
- Requests and monitors receipt of material and plating certifications and certificates of origin as needed.
- Resolves purchasing problems resulting from changed schedules and engineering changes.
- Investigates and processes quality rejections of procured items as per the Supplier Quality Rating System.
- Generates cost savings in accordance with purchasing team goals.
- Other duties as assigned
Internal / External Cooperation:
- Maintain contact with all suppliers to ensure high levels of satisfaction and productivity.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Cross-trains on other assignments to ensure adequate coverage.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- 3-5 years minimum purchasing experience required
- Must have ability to calculate figures (discounts, gross margin percentages).
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Fastener knowledge a plus but not required.
- Works with a high-degree of urgency and is deadline/timeline driven.
- Must have high degree of confidence and professionalism.
- Must be superior communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be Excel proficient with skills in other Microsoft applications.
- Should possess strong telephone skills.
- Should have related experience in software, Internet searching, and sourcing.
- Strong understanding of customer, suppliers and market dynamics.
. SAP/ERP experience required
This position is salaried with overtime as required.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes: medical/dental, life, vision, profit sharing and 401k, vacation and paid holidays.
Founded in 1992, Fast-Rite International Inc. is committed to supplying our customers with the highest quality fasteners and industrial...