Because you have a passion for people, you'll love working at Publix! We're in the business of pleasing people and our associates are so engaged with our customers that Publix is the industry leader in customer satisfaction. Their engaging personalities are also one reason that, for 15 consecutive years, Publix has been honored as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” Bring YOUR passion for people to the Cheese Specialist position in the Mobile, AL area. You'll have the chance to share your smile with a lot of people!
INTRODUCING THIS OPPORTUNITY
Primary Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities for this position include:
Minimum Qualifications: The required qualifications for this position include:
- Assists Customers and provides premier customer service
- Provides superior salesmanship to customers in the artisan cheese area
- Uses in-depth product expertise to make recommendations to customers based on observation and information provided by customers
- Describes cheese characteristics to customers, including age, region, type, taste description
- Assists in setting up demonstrations
- Maintains proper inventory balance and effective replenishment in artisan cheese area
- Follows proper procedures and works efficiently to optimize productivity and
- Maintains Publix’s high standards for product freshness, food safety and sanitation.
Other Qualifications: Other qualifications for the position of Event Planner include:
- At least 18 years old
- Previous experience as a Deli Clerk or equivalent experience
- Ability to deliver friendly and courteous customer service
- Three to five years exposure to a wide cheese selection
- Extensive knowledge of cheese products
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision
- Advanced selling skills and
- Ability to read, write and do simple math problems
$10.35- 15.75 per hour for this fulltime position
To apply for this position, you MUST go to a Publix store in Mobile, AL . Then look for the Job Application Center, an automated touch-screen system. Because the Cheese Specialist position is in a limited number of stores, please indicate “Deli Clerk” as the position in which you are interested. Managers at that store and stores in the surrounding area will have access to your application. You will be contacted if one of those managers believes your skills, experience and availability match a current opening.
Come join a company that offers benefits to help you grow financially. Publix offers the following to all eligible associates:
Publix is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability pay
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Paycheck direct deposit option
- Credit union and
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
For more information about our company, go to www.publix.com .
Monster - 11 months ago
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...