Auto req ID: 6407BR Job Title: Service Manager Area of Interest: Service Location Name: 00631 Sunrise Florida Super Sport-FL Address: 9919 West Oakland Park Blvd City: Sunrise State: FL Zip Code: 33351 Job Description: Job Summary
The Service Manager (SM) ensures that the club delivers the best guest and member experience.
This position directly manages the following positions inside the club:
- Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards and leading by example for delivering the 24 Hour Fitness Service Promise; manage a clean, friendly and well maintained club. Ensure that team members consistently execute the basics in punctuality, dress code friendliness and cleanliness.
- Major emphasis is to support member retention by advocating for the best member experiences and operational processes in the club.
- Hires, trains and develops a strong team of Service Representative and Kids? Club professionals that delivers on company goals and reflects its values.
- Responsible for the successful attainment of department targets (e.g. member service, cleanliness, revenue, and retention).
- Ensures that the facility is well equipped, and provides a clean and safe environment for both members and employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assistant Service Manager (if club size warrants)
- Front Desk Staff (apprx. 3-9)
- Kids Club Supervisor (apprx. 1-2)
- Kids Club Attendant (apprx. 2-7)
- Group X Instructors
The SM is responsible for performing the following activities for the club:
Depending on the club revenue size, these activities may be entirely delegated to assistant managers and staff (in larger clubs), occur only infrequently (in mid-size clubs), or may require routine direct involvement (in smaller clubs).
Service Management [40% of time]
Ensure that all club members are delivered a high member service experience. To achieve this objective the SM will:
Club Administration [30% of time]
- Proactively engage club member base, regularly greet and interact with members, and conduct member satisfaction surveys under company guidelines
- Resolve member concerns and complaints in a professional manner within 24 Hour Fitness corporate and club parameters
- Monitor club facilities for appearance and equipment and resolve or escalate issues that detract from the member experience. Assist CM in providing direction to third party janitorial service
- Instill a sense of common responsibility and teamwork across club functions to improve the member and team member experience
Maintain an efficient ?back office?. To achieve this objective, the SM will oversee the following activities, which will primarily be done by an Assistant Service Manager.
- Drive club efforts in achieving revenue goals in Retail, Drink, Juice Bar and ancillary revenue
- Work with CM in planning and implementation of promotions and merchandising
- Ensure that retail is optimally merchandised and displayed and that merchandise transfers take place according to company policy and procedure
- Implement new operational procedures in the club and follow-up with compliance checks by monitoring club systems and employee performance
- Mediate club team member relations matters for all club operations team members
- Ensure that systems procedures are accurately followed: proper POS procedure, desk set up, File Organization, Member Check-in, Computer Check-in, Telephone Inquiry, Guest Registration, Master Appointment Book, Cash Handling, Member ID Cards, Fitness Assessment scheduling, etc
Staffing and Development [20% of time]
- Review agreements and prepare daily paperwork for forwarding to agreement administration and cash control
- Make daily banking deposits
- Order and maintain all supplies
- Supervise point-of-sales (POS) operations and file daily and weekly club revenue reports
- Responsible for proper inventory receiving and inventory control activities per company guidelines. Prepare inventory reports
Maintain a fully engaged and high performing Member Service team that aligns with company values and goals. To achieve this objective, the SM will:
General [10% of time]
- Hire (with CM approval) qualified Front Desk, Kid?s Club staff, and Group X Instructors
- Manage Front Desk, Kid?s Club, and Group X Instructor schedule within budgeted hours submitted to and approved by CM
- Train & develop Front Desk, Kid?s Club staff, and Group X Instructors on 24 Hour Fitness member service SOPs and objectives
- Conduct weekly (or as-needed) meetings with direct reports to review performance and offer direction, motivation and guidance toward achieving individual and company goals. Offer career growth and advancement opportunities
- Discipline staff under the guidance of the Club Manager and consult with the Human Resources Manager for additional direction
In addition to specific functional accountabilities, the SM is expected to act as ?cross functional? manager. The SM develops a broad skill set in order to understand the fundamental roles and duties of their Membership Manager and Fitness Manager peers. The SM is able to ?step in? to assist members and team members to resolve issues in those functions if the MM or FM is absent. The SM?s development may involve formal cross-training, and/or informal activities.
As revenue and staff levels decrease, the SM will have increasing personal accountability for personal hours assigned to front-desk and member service activities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Certifications / Educational Level:
- Knowledge of company policies, practices and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures
- Face-to-face customer service experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including proper telephone etiquette. Communicates clearly and concisely. Able to generate, maintain and demonstrate a friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Possess a strong member service focus. Responds professionally to requests and inquires from guests, members and staff
- Possesses strong organizational skills to execute and prioritize multiple tasks. Understands basic record keeping practices and procedures.
- Experience operating office equipment such as computers, calculators, faxes and photocopiers. Must be computer proficient with basic skills in Word and Excel
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor?s Degree preferred
- Bilingual ? Spanish preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification required
- 1-2 years as customer service / operations associate
- Preferred: Prior management experience in retail/hospitality industry leading 3-10 employees
- Ability to work in club office; move about club floors and rooms; review, revise, create club paperwork; communicate with employees, members, and the public.
- Travel: Must be able to travel by car and airplane up to 10% of the time
- Ability to communicate telephonically with members
- Ability to access and operate Company computer system including prepare documents, enter data into computer system, read reports from a computer data base or email system
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud
- Extended workdays are a frequent occurrence, as are weekends and holidays as needed to support the business
24 Hour Fitness - 23 months ago
24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation in 1983....