The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is a multi-modal transportation agency that is responsible for planning, building, operating and maintaining a complex highway system in addition to providing title, registration and driver license services to the general public throughout the state of Arizona. ADOT also operates and maintains the Grand Canyon Airport and publishes the award-winning Arizona Highways magazine. ADOT values its employees, challenges them to continuously improve the way we do business, to meet and exceed the needs of our customers, and to carry out their duties in an ethical manner. Apply today for a chance to become a part of the ADOT team.
PROGRAM COMPLIANCE AUDITOR 3
ASD/Audit & Analysis/Third Party Audit
Work Location: 1801 W. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ
Job Description: This position is responsible for conducting audits on over 900 Authorized Third Parties (ATP) and licensees that are contracted, licensed, or certified by ADOT to perform traditional (and nontraditional) MVD services. This also includes vehicle titling, registration, commercial/noncommercial driver license testing, vehicle inspections, and driving schools. Participating companies execute MVD agreements mandating compliance with statutory and other program requirements. Also responsible for ensuring that the Agency audits 100% of all commercial driver licensing testing contractors as mandated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), GAO Standards, EDP applicable rules and regulations and Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS or Yellow Book) Standards.
- Risk-based auditing.
- Audit sampling methods and testing techniques.
- Evaluating internal controls.
- Cost accounting principles.
- Audit planning and time management.
- Conducting performance, compliance, and attestation engagements.
- Federal and State Laws, rules and regulations as they pertain to program operations and activities.
- Third Party Contractor Requirements and the office's Audit Manual.
- Interviewing, organizing, researching, and evaluation of controls.
- Computer skills and worksheet formulation.
- Preliminary survey work papers, including interview notes, flowcharts, and permanent audit file updates.
- Analyzing and evaluation of data.
- Note taking and listening.
- Accounting, statistical sampling, testing and interpretation of data.
- Comparative analysis, benchmarking.
- Oral and written communication.
- Developing audit working papers in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
Ideal Candidate: Will have one year experience equivalent to a Program Compliance Auditor 2; OR completion of twelve semester hours of accounting and three years professional financial auditing, program compliance auditing or closely related experience OR A Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting may substitute for one year of the latter experience. Any combination of training and experience that meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) may be substituted.
- Prepare and evaluate administrative records.
- Operate calculators, copiers, and personal computers.
- Utilize analytical thinking to solve complicated issues.
- Conduct meeting with ADOT and ATP to discuss audit findings and support audit recommendations.
Desired but not required:
Note: This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete and sign the Driver Form on page 6 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.12 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Government Auditing Professional, or similar certification.
You must apply on line no later than the close date or first review date of the job announcements at 5:00 p.m., Mountain Standard Time. You will not be able to apply after the close date/time because job postings are removed from the job board site at that time, unless otherwise specified.
All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
RETIREMENT: This position participates in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)*.
BENEFITS: Comprehensive benefits package includes accrual of sick and vacation leave, and 10 holidays per year; health* and dental insurance*; retirement plan; life insurance; and long-term disability insurance. Optional employee benefits include short-term disability*, deferred compensation, and supplemental life insurance*.
- ASRS enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment, if not already an ASRS member at the time of hire.
Please visit http://www.azdot.gov/Inside_ADOT/HR/Employment.asp to learn more about benefits given to ADOT employees.
- Elective benefits for new employees hired on or after July 20, 2011, will be subject to a 90-day waiting period, except for transfers from other State agencies or who regularly worked for the State of Arizona within 2 years prior to the date of hire.
To submit your resume for consideration, please hit the "APPLY" button below.
Pref1, Pref2, Pref3, Pref4
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: ADOT
State of Arizona - 11 months ago
- 6 days ago
Arizona State University
Arizona State University
- 8 days ago
- 1 day ago