Subject to medical protocols established by Physician Association (Association) and Chief Medical Officer of Concentra (Company) and in cooperation with other clinic/center physicians, if any, Nurse Practitioner provides primary medical direction and coordination of care within the occupational health program. Directly reports to Center or Regional Medical Director. Concentra is recruiting for a Family Nurse Practitioner with an active Michigan License to work at our Concentra Romulus-Airport location 2PM - 11PM, Monday through Friday. Preferred candidates will have experience with Occupational Medicine and Urgent Care.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports center physicians and performs tasks traditionally performed by physicians.
- Engages in direct patient care:
- Performs physical, mental status and medical history examinations; makes records of findings subsequently reviewed and countersigned by supervising physician;
- Orders and interprets laboratory studies/examinations to determine treatment, orders medication and other forms of treatment as ordered by the physician;
- Follows patient progress and makes changes in treatment as necessary;
- Applies local anesthetic, examines and cleans wounds, incises and drains abscesses and sutures;
- Performs duties as required by supervising physician.
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Assists in scheduling and coverage for Company or Association owned clinics/centers.
- Participates in the “on call” program to facilitate after hours and weekend case care.
- Works with Center Medical Director (CMD) to develop, implement and revise policy and helps ensure operations adhere to policy and standards of occupational medicine, Association and Concentra.
- Meets with Concentra physician leadership to review quality of care and participates in quality assurance processes.
- Develops or improves services delivered at the Center.
- Participates in and assists with continuing education programs for physicians, nurses and other personnel employed by Association or Concentra.
- Recommends potential growth for new and/or existing services.
- Reviews and submits statistical reports on center activities to Concentra and Association as requested.
- Helps ensure center’s compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Meets with employers to discuss health and safety needs and conducts work place on-site assessments.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury or return to work status
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations governing rehabilitation services.
- Working knowledge of worker’s compensation and clinical procedures/processes.
- Working knowledge of diagnoses and treatment of occupational injuries.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
- Superior customer service and “bed side manner” skills.
- Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
- Clinic environment.
- Minimal travel.
- Overtime as required.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree from accredited Nurse Practitioner program of study.
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner in accordance with state laws of practice.
- Minimum 1year experience in occupational health nursing or related field.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra Inc. - 12 months ago
Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation,...