The Engineer In Training II – Traffic position will serve as a task lead on smaller projects and part of a project team for larger projects for the development of traffic studies and traffic design plans. The new staff member must be capable of exercising independent judgment in evaluating, selecting and applying standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
Primary duties include:
- Serves as a team member or task lead for the development of plans, specifications, and estimates for pavement marking & signing, traffic signals, roadway lighting, maintenance or traffic, intelligent transportation system (ITS) plans
- Prepares and modifies reports and designs for the traffic engineering elements of transportation projects; responsible for transportation volume forecasting, capacity analysis, identification of preliminary roadway needs, and development of proposed roadway systems.
- Uses traffic engineering software including Synchro, HCS+, Traffix, RODEL, VISSIM, TransModeler; lighting design software Visual, AGI32; transportation planning software TransCAD; and computer assisted engineering and design software including AutoCAD & Microstation to prepare studies & engineering design documents.
Background requirements include:
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years experience in traffic engineering and/or transportation planning
- Must possess current EIT certification/licensure
- Prefer AZ PE license or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Proficiency with transportation demand modeling (TransCAD) and microsimulation (VISSIM or TransModeler) software is a plus
- Task management skills are required
- Position requires the ability to prepare and implement a project work plan, develop a report outline, and prepare draft and final traffic reports.
- Must have excellent report writing and preparation skills along with the desire to pursue a career in traffic engineering
Stanley Consultants, Inc. - 15 months ago