North America › US › Herndon, MA
HID Global is the trusted source for secure identity solutions for millions of customers around the world. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators, and application developers serving a variety of markets. These markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; highly secure government ID; and identification technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company's primary brands include HID®, ActivIdentity™, Fargo®, and LaserCard®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,100 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com
As part of HID Global, the ActivIdentity business segment enables customers to prove and establish trust in a person’s identity when accessing resources and data on the network. The Identity Assurance portfolio protects organizations with cost effective and risk appropriate security solutions that go beyond simple passwords. More than 100 million credentials being issued to enterprise, government and commerce customers, globally, including the U.S. Department of Defense.
This position will support the HID Identity Assurance Business Segment (ActivIdentity), located in the heart of Silicon Valley, in the assigned geographic area. Over 2,500 enterprises, online banking and government organizations rely on ActivIdentity’s authentication and credential management solutions to meet their security and compliance requirements. ActivIdentity is part of HID Global, an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com or www.actividentity.com.
In support of our strategy, we are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer. The primary objectives of the role are to assist the ActivIdentity customers, partners and internal sales force with the technical aspects of a solution sale.
Not the typical pre-sales system engineer position where you just show PowerPoint presentations, you get to get your hands dirty with the hardware and software to the deepest levels. The North America pre-sales system engineering team is a very technical team that knows the products inside and out and understands how they will fit the customer’s needs. Often the pre-sales team’s feedback is taken into consideration before a product is released to market since we are closest to the customers.
The ideal candidate should enjoy working on a remote team and with multiple account managers’, partners and potentially end customers throughout the Americas. You are expected to be a self-motivated individual as the team you will be working on is spread out thru the Americas and works not only with customers but internal parts of the company as well (product marketing, product management, support, etc.). You will be integrated into the team day one and shadowing members to get hands on understanding of the products and the typical sales cycle. The team will fully support you during your ramp up period and provided support during your hands on self-training as well as during instructor led certified product training. From time to time you will be required to provide assistance to other departments, for example; go onsite to assist Support in resolving an issue; assisting our Professional Services team during a deployment; work with the Product Managers during a new product release. Some travel will be required for customer meetings, training and corporate team building events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Speak/Present directly to customers on behalf of our Partners and have the ability to understand their requirements, and then present the appropriate solution from our product set to meet and exceed the requirements and expectations
• Work with value added distributors as well as value added partners during a sales cycle to assist in bringing them up to speed on the products and technologies
• Provide assistance to other departments in the company when required (support, professional services, product marketing, product management, etc)
• Lead in-depth technical discussions with partners and customers
• Provide regular field feedback to the product marketing and product management teams
• Be self-motivated and have the ability to work without being micro-managed
• Work with multiple partners and account managers
• Strong understanding of PKI and cryptography
• Strong understanding of advanced authentication technologies
• Ability to understand the overall goals of a customer, and how best to design a solution that will work in large scale diverse environments
Required Knowledge / Experience:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Dynamic hard working team player with lots of drive and initiative.
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Ability to work on a remote team with minimal direction
• 5+ years direct industry experience including the support of major accounts;
• Basic knowledge of physical access control systems and converged access
• Be able to hold a valid passport
• Understanding of system and network components such as
• Directory services (Active Directory, LDAP, X.500)
• Databases (Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle 10g, 11i)
• Certificate authorities (Microsoft CA, Entrust, VeriSign, and Cybertrust)
• Web applications (Microsoft IIS, Apache Tomcat)
• Network protocols (SSL/TLS, VPN, SAML, RADIUS)
• Network security (firewalls, DMZ, VPN)
• Access Control (logical and physical)
• Smart Cards
• Microsoft CAPI, PKCS11, X.509, ASN.1, X.9.9, X.500, DES, 3DES; AES
• OCSP and CRL’s
• Hardware Security Modules
• Web Services (HTTP, XML, SOAP, SAML, TML, SSL, S-MIME)
• Digital signatures and encryption
• Microsoft Certificate Authority
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Strong / two factor authentication (PKI and RADIUS)
• Smart cards
• Basic understanding of Government (Primarily US) and industry standards / compliances such as: FIPS201, FIPS140, CJIS, HIPA, EMV
• Some opportunities are located inside secure government facilities and may require Secure Background checks.
Not required, however a plus:
Some opportunities are located inside secure government facilities and may require Secure Background checks.
Working knowledge of Entrust, VeriSign or Cybertrust
Java / C# / C++ development skills
Unix knowledge (RedHat and Solaris)
Physical Access Contol Systems (Lenel, Hirsch, etc)
Smart card applet knowledge