A. Job title / Job code / Reporting to: Region Vice President, Sales
EAM / NAM
B. Job purpose ( mission or “raison d’être”)
I. Responsible for national accounts within a geographic area in assigned business segment
II. Responsible to identify all opportunities by creating appropriate strategies to obtain
both market share growth in existing accounts and converting business to company
from competitive accounts
III. A critical requirement will be to create and maintain relationships with multiple
decision makers within assigned accounts to increase revenue and market share
IV. Responsible for communicating with all Sales Groups including the CoEs and
Regional Sales on opportunities, challenges, and current market trends affecting
the assigned account’s current state of business.
C. Key-result areas ( Major Accountabilities) ( What is done and for what purpose)
1. Fully responsible for the management of the assigned accounts within the designated territory.
2. Pro-actively create strategies to increase rentals/revenue within each national account.
3. Develop relationships with existing account contacts ( decision makers) to protect current designation and market share.
4. Create relationships with competitive accounts to capitalize on new opportunities as they materialize.
5. Identify and develop cross selling opportunities to grow non-traditional segments within the account.
6. Develop positive relationships with key travel agency manager to support account growth and retention.
7. Support a culture and open mindedness between all levels and all departments of the organization.
8. Effectively execute all Administrative Responsibilities.
9. Coordinate efforts with local RSMs on competitive situations.
D. Job Contacts ( main interfaces inside and outside the company)
E. Job dimensions ( Authority/Autonomy)
- RVP, Sales
- Sales CoE
- CoE’s ( HCM, Legal, OKC, IT)
- Shared Services
- Key External Related contacts ( Travel Management Companies, Information Service Providers, etc…)
- Key External National Account Contacts
- Second Tier National Account Contacts ( Division or Business Unit Level)
The incumbent is fully responsible and accountable for the results achieved by the assigned
accounts within the person’s territory. The incumbent is also responsible for driving the
strategy as directed by the RVPs and supported by CoE’s.
Key Performance Indicators
Account Satisfaction and Retention
F. Knowledge, skills and experience required
Educational Background: B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent from four year college/university preferred. ( Our client will not accept your application if you do not have a degree. You’ll have to present a copy of your degree to us.)
Professional Experience: Proven track record ( minimum 5 years) in sales or sales management ideally in travel related industry ( preferably car rental). The individual’s experience should have maintained a top tier or high level of performance in roles increasing in scope or level of responsibility. The individual should be able to demonstrate proven revenue growth within a sales territory over and extended period of time and demonstrate the ability to work well in a team environment, as well as the ability to work with senior level contacts both internally and externally. The incumbent should have direct experience with negotiating agreements with high level contacts internally and externally.
§ Deep understanding of the Service industry and its business drivers ( preferably the car rental industry)
§ Thorough understanding of company’s services/benefits available to clients
§ Excellent grasp of the competition and competitive offerings in the car rental industry
§ High level of understanding of technology driven solutions company has to meet client needs
§ Excellent financial acumen
§ Excellent business acumen
§ Solid understanding of the sales process
§ Self motivated with strong drive to succeed
§ Excellent communication and networking skills
§ Resourceful, mature, and ability to handle issues that arise
§ Ability to multi-task
§ Strong Presentation skills
§ Planning, organizing, and time management
§ Passionate about sales and meeting the clients needs
§ Computer Software skills
ü Developed Critical Analysis
ü Committed to consistently identify new opportunities within established partnerships
ü Expert communicator ( one-on-one and group)
ü More Strategic than Tactical
ü Demonstrated Leadership
ü Strong understanding of Sales Process
ü Socially Networked/Professionally Visible
§ Personality traits
ü Never Complacent
§ Valid driver’s license and a clean DMV record ( no DUI)
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Benefit Package includes company vehicle.
The Benefits Program allows you to choose the benefits that suits your needs, including:
- Life insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- AD & D
- Long & Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Pension Plan
- 401K Plan
- U.S. Savings Bond
- Employee Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Please include salary requirements.