Safety and Human Resources Specialist
- RockTenn (NYSE: RKT)
RockTenn is one of North America’s leading manufacturers of paperboard, containerboard, consumer and corrugated packaging and one of the world’s largest paper recyclers. Over the years, Rock-Tenn has outpaced its peers in revenues, profitability, EBITDA and stock price. We’ve done this by creating and following a bold strategy of: exceeding our customers' expectations every time, creating long-term shareholder value and encouraging and rewarding employee excellence.
Since its founding in 1936, Rock-Tenn has focused on developing packaging and paperboard products that bring high value to its customers, employees and shareholders. The company now operates approximately 240 facilities across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile and China. We employ 26,000 employees and are North America’s largest paper recycler, largest display manufacturer, largest pre-print linerboard producer, 2nd largest producer of containerboard and corrugated packaging, 2nd largest producer of coated recycled paperboard, and 2nd largest producer of folding cartons.
We are seeking a Safety and Human Resources Specialist to be located in our Nicholasville, KY, Folding Carton facility.
The Nicholasville operation is “Committed to Excellence” in all aspects of our business: Safety, Quality, Customer Service, Productivity and Profit. The Human Resource department plays a key role in ensuring the Nicholasville operation sustains a “Performance Excellence” culture that attracts and retains high-quality talent and develops employees for high performance.
The Safety and Human Resource Specialist will have responsibility for the leadership and administration of the safety program as well as assigned human resource functions in the plant.
• Provide leadership assistance for plant safety and environmental systems, structure and
• Support HR Manger in day to day human resource administration and leadership.
• Minimum of 2 years HR experience required, 4 years HR experience preferred
• Minimum of 2 years Safety experience required.
• Environmental experience a plus.
• Effective communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective judgment and ability to handle and maintain confidential information
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Interpersonal flexibility
• Strong customer service orientation
• Strong ability to multitask and manage a variety of issues/projects simultaneously
• Safety training and certification(s)
• PHR or equivalent HR certification
• BS / BA in Occupational Safety, Business Administration, or Human Resources
At RockTenn, we seek to be the most respected in the industry. Our employees are committed to exceeding their customers' expectations -- every time. If you enjoy this shared commitment to excellence and discovering value where others haven’t we would like you to consider RockTenn as your employer of choice.
Rock-Tenn Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Rock Tenn Company - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -