Manages the day-to-day activities and operations of assigned pharmacy area(s) in accordance with professional and MLH standards of practice. Models behaviors as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values. KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leadership & Direction:
- Manages, coordinates, and controls daily operations in the assigned pharmacy area(s).
- Manages the activities of Associates; monitors performance, clarifies work expectations, establishes goals, and promotes cooperation among individuals and groups.
- Develops and implements processes through orientation, training and education to ensure that the competence of all staff members is assessed, maintained, improved and demonstrated.
- Provides leadership for educational programs for staff, interns and/or residents in collaboration with the pharmacy team.
- Plans and schedules work ensuring distribution of assignments and adequate staffing based on workload and productivity standards.
- Assists in managing fiscal operations including preparation of expense and capital budget recommendations, monitoring, verifying, and authorizing expenditures. Assists in the development and implementation of plans to control costs and improve department operations.
- Develops and supports business plans and strategies for pharmacy practice, assists with goal setting, and translates goals into operational tactics at the service level.
- Prepares operational reports and analyses for the department; makes recommendations or draws conclusions from operational data.
- Monitors services to ensure effective use of resources and assess needs for staff, equipment, and services based on actual or projected utilization.
- Monitors trends by analyzing departmental procedures; identifies opportunities for operational efficiencies and quality of services provided.
- Stays abreast of current practices and trends in the field of specialization, and uses and introduces best practice methodology to ensure continued improvement in care delivery. Maintains required competencies to practice pharmacy in assigned area(s).
- Participates in research studies focused on improving medication use.
- Assists with development and maintenance of performance standards to include quality assessment/improvement programs.
- Identifies and evaluates safety and risk management issues; intervenes and problem solves as required.
- Reviews and maintains departmental policies and procedures on a regular basis.
- Ensures department adherence to ethical, legal, regulatory, accreditation, and professional standards that govern pharmacy practice.
Participates in national, state, and/or local professional organizations that support pharmacy professional practice.
- Ensures good working relationships between departments; serves as a resource and liaison for advanced problem solving related to pharmacy services.
- Establishes relationships with key internal and external customers and service providers; builds strong collaborative relationships with the medical staff.
- Investigates and coordinates resolution of service delivery problems or conflicts; formulates plans for resolution, follows-up to ensure effective resolution, and determines level of satisfaction.
EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of accredited school of pharmacy and licensed in the state of TN, or eligible for licensure.
- PharmD is preferred.
- Completion of PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency is preferred.
- Board certification is preferred.
- At least three (3) year's of professional practice in pharmacy or successful completion of a PGY2 Health-System Pharmacy Administration Residency.
- 2 years ago - save job