Regional Controller – Airgas Specialty Products
Airgas Specialty Products is currently seeking a Regional Controller for our Lawrenceville, GA office. Airgas offers a full corporate benefits package including health, disability and matching 401(K).
JOB SUMMARY: The Controller is responsible for daily activities related to the following major areas: financial accounting/reporting; accounts payable; accounts receivable cash applications; inventory control/costing and other matters related to compliance with Company policies/procedures and asset control. The Regional Controller will have responsibility for providing financial leadership, control and vision. This will include accurate and timely financial reporting, creating timely analyses and establishment of timelines and deadlines. The Regional Controller will need to lead the organization towards a decision support organization and business partner from transaction processing and basic historical reporting. This will require a seasoned professional who is strong technically, possesses good analytical skills and is experienced in improving systems and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following:
- Insure the accuracy and integrity of the Regional financial statements, general ledger account reconciliations and other analyses.
- Instill financial disciplines within the Regional which accurately capture ongoing activities and monitor Regional performance against plan.
- Build strong relationships with the Regional management teams.
- Lead the Regional efforts to ensure compliance with the Company’s financial policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain internal accounting controls that are consistent with Company requirements/Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Investigate methods of improving the capabilities of the Regional finance organization through changes in structure, technology or method.
- Develop the Regional finance organization through goal-setting, evaluations, positive feedback, discipline, and on-going coaching ensuring activities are performed within department and Company policy.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess:
- The Controller will have established a proven track record of success in prior senior accounting roles.
- To be successful, the Controller should have strong technical accounting experience, knowledge, and understanding of GAAP, substantial management responsibility and experience in multiple financial functions.
- The successful candidate must have a strong “client service” mindset.
- The candidate must demonstrate the leadership skills required to drive continuous improvement of processes.
- Strong mentoring and staff development skills are required.
- Strong organizational, team-building and people skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to assume increasing responsibilities in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Ability to understand the impact on new technologies on processes and costs.
- Experience integrating new technologies into day-to-day operations.
- Vision, creativity and a quality mindset.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of ten years financial reporting / financial management experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Management experience including people development skills and leadership qualities.
- Experience with ERP system development/implementation a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and juggle between Regional, local and Corporate management and demands.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to conduct business travel frequently.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
Looking for a great company to work for? You’ll find it With Us ! Airgas LLC., offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment.
Airgas Inc. - 9 months ago
Airgas has floated to the top of the industrial gas distribution industry by buying more than 400 companies since its founding in 1986. Its...