Analyst- Customer Quality
Physical Location: 12350 S.W. Tualatin Road Location: Corporate Jobs - West
Location City: Tualatin Department/Function: US VWR CATALYST
State/Territory/Province: US-OR Last updated: 3/29/13 12:32 PM
VWR International, LLC, headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a global laboratory supply and distribution company with worldwide sales in excess of $4.1 billion in 2012. VWR enables the advancement of the world's most critical research through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the world's top companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, educational, governmental and healthcare industries. With 160 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities spanning the globe. VWR has over 8,000 associates around the world working to streamline the way researchers across North America, Europe, and Asia stock and maintain their labs. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing onsite services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.
The Customer Quality Coordinator is responsible for implementing and maintaining a customer’s unique product quality management system. This activity includes: Documenting the customer’s expectations/requirements, Training suppliers on requirements, Tracking and reporting adherence to program, managing product conversions, acting as a liaison between customer, onsite teams, VWR operations, & suppliers. Uses analytical methods and tools to provide business leaders data in order to understand, predict, improve, and/or control operations and processes. Must be cognizant of and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and regulatory requirements.
Experience & Skills:
- Manages customer specific Product Change Control program.
- Manages time sensitive customer specific projects.
- Relationships: Facilitates and/or leads quality excellence teams.
- Responsible for data management, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations that support operations management.
- Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause. Manages data through data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, process mapping, and/or problem analysis.
- Writes, speaks, and presents clearly across a variety of settings. Adjusts communication style by articulating technical concepts to non-technical groups.
- Audits and risk notification for evaluation by Senior customer management.
- Manages custom reporting through data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, process mapping and/or problem analysis.
- Publishes consumption and spending reports Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly.
- Collects and implements Global Customer Forecasts.
- Coordinates global team efforts to reduce dead and at risk inventories.
- Invoice review and pricing audits.
- May require traveling to customer sites.
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances and medical checkups.
- Detailed knowledge of Information Access and System ESS; Intermediate Microsoft Office Knowledge with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Advanced understanding of Microsoft Access
- Visual Basic programming skills a plus
- Excellent customer service skills; display a professional can do attitude
- Intermediate purchasing and inventory knowledge
- High regard for safety, quality and adherence to protocols, policies and procedures
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and multi-task oriented
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate; forward thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in trouble shooting
- Strong communication skills to interact with both customers and various departments within VWR
- Understanding of, and ability to administer VWR’s policies consistently
- Ability to make sound business decisions with limited consultation with manager
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
- High school diploma or GED required; BS degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, or Mathematics or equivalent experience preferred
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in quality management/purchasing/or account management
- Previous experience indirectly managing associates is preferred
- Training and courses in statistics, inside sales and cross referencing experience a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
VWR maintains a drug free workplace
- 2 years ago - save job
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a leading, independent provider of laboratory products, services and solutions...