The Fourth Judicial District - Criminal Division III - Ridgedale, located in Minnetonka, is seeking to fill a Senior Court Clerk opening. This position works as part of various court teams, working with the public, judges, and partnering criminal justice departments to ensure that cases are processed in a timely and accurate fashion and that all Court policies and procedures are communicated in a thorough and accurate manner
Example of Duties:
- Update the electronic record (MNCIS) and maintain electronic records for all criminal and traffic cases heard/processed at Division 3
- Assign court dates, validate, issue and recall warrants
- Process and enter into MNCIS new cases or amended charges filed with the Court from various police departments and prosecutors
- Run, prepare and clerk the courtroom calendars
- Update cases during court proceedings on all calendar assignments
- Respond to requests for information or corrections to be made from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, DPS, and other agencies as required
- Complete case processing of search warrants, expungements, appeals, post-conviction relief petitions, ex-parte orders of the court, transport orders, Rule 20’s, writs, exhibits and other filings common to the Criminal Court system
- Convert paper records to electronic records as needed or on a special project basis observing prescribed security definitions and quality standards
- Participate in the implementation of digital records imaging project currently underway
- Participate in the implementation of all Criminal Division eCourt initiatives
- Assist the general public, court partners, judicial staff, judicial officers and court administrative staff as required
- Provide customer service on procedural questions; respond to court related questions and provide information on policies and procedures
- Interview in-custody defendants for public defender eligibility
- Process mail
- Order/record requests for interpreters
- Perform other duties as required/assigned
- Current permanent employee of the Fourth Judicial District
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience (6 months to 2 years) as a court clerk or in the legal field
- Experience clerking high volume calendars
Successful candidates will be required to pass a Criminal Background
Check prior to appointment.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working with Outlook, Word, VIBES and MNCIS
· 2+ years’ experience working in legal setting
· Strongly prefer prior experience clerking for a suburban court.
· Team oriented with a positive attitude, have demonstrated an ability to communicate effectively with the general public and work respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds, and be well organized
· Ability to type 45+ words a minute preferred
· Bilingual skills are desirable
Posted for bidding, internal, and external application simultaneously.
For Courts AFSCME-represented employees seeking to bid, transfer, demote or promote. AFSCME-represented employees seeking to bid must also notify Fourth Judicial District HR of their intent to bid. Please email or call Deb at deb.morse @courts.state.mn.us , 612-348-3317.
For other internal applicants, the selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.