Independently perfoms advanced diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment - specializing in harvesting equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager.
- Performs advanced diagnostics and repairs on agricultural harvesting equipment and related Ag Management
Solutions (AMS) products.
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Mentors Service Technician Trainees
- Conducts or supports customer clinics
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Accounts for all time and all material used in performing assigned dutes.
- May perform diagnosis and repair in the field
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 + years of experience performing service repairs, preferably on agricultural equipment.
- Ability to perform advanced repairs and maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural harvesting
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes - Ability to use Service Advisor
and basic computer functions
- Ability to lift at least 75 pounds repeatedly
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Valid driver’s license required; CDL (Commercial Drivers License) and fork lift license preferred.
South Dakota State Government - 10 months ago