General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems (GDAIS) is part of General Dynamics and has been a trusted partner to the U.S. intelligence, maritime, space and homeland communities for more than 50 years. With the expertise to lead, the insight to deliver and the commitment to succeed, we staff each mission with a carefully selected team of seasoned professionals. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., General Dynamics employs approximately 91,000 people worldwide. The company is a market leader in advanced information systems, intelligence collection and processing, business aviation, land and expeditionary combat systems, armaments and munitions, shipbuilding and marine systems, and information systems and technologies.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems (GDAIS) has an immediate opening for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our team. The position provides an opportunity to develop the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nations fundamental defense services. GDAIS employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to perform technical activities that impact the design and manufacturing of advanced electronic systems. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Senior Technical Support Engineer will enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Senior Technical Support Engineers work closely with the Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to develop solutions that impact logistics, maintenance, project development, test and development and product development. The candidate will develop plans, procedures and technical documentation for installation and maintenance; developing complex test procedures to ensure interfaces are functioning properly; develop procedures to install the system; these procedures may be broken down to the drawing/step level.
The engineer is expected to travel to customer sites located in Bangor, WA or Kings Bay, GA. Applicant should have the ability to relocate to field sites on TDY assignment in support of business needs. These periods of time can last for periods of one year or longer.
The responsibilities of a technical support engineer include:
-Oversight of installation efforts
-Installation and test of equipment at customer sites
-Participation in the resolution of technical issues in real-time during testing
-Developing Test Procedures and Installation Plans
-Developing overall knowledge of the project and program
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance.
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs.
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the GDAIS culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures.
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure GDAISs services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices.
Candidates must show a passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of advanced electronics systems, and the ability to further advance and support GDAIS network technology.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer position requires a bachelors degree in a related specialized area or the equivalent, and two to five years of related experience; or a masters degree with zero to two years of related experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Ability to work individually and in teams.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Technical report and document writing / review
- Electronic Security Systems (ESS) and Intrusion Detection System (IDS) installation, upgrading, and troubleshooting
- National Electric Code (NEC)
- Military procedures and policy (ex-military or government employee)
- Server and workstation software (Windows XP and Alarm Management Software and Access Control (AMS) preferred)
- Basic electric circuits (specifically 120/208 VAC & 12/24 VDC low power, electronic line supervision and basic switching)
General Dynamics AIS - 12 months ago
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems is a provider of end-to-end ISR solutions to help ensure our customers have the right...