Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Contract Administrator/ Specialist will develop and execute, in alignment with applicable market sector and commodity strategies, sourcing and contracting for products and services. Provide expedited contracting activities where appropriate. Lead RFI/RFQ/RFP efforts, to include market analysis and development of bid package, management of RFI/RFQ/RFP processes, analysis of results and negotiation of terms and conditions. Handle day to day sourcing activity including contract amendments, renewals, and extensions. The role will collaborate with other specialists, to ensure client requirements are managed in a timely manner and contracting is executed in accordance with existing sector strategies. In addition, the role may develop sub-sector strategies as required as well.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Highly collaborative with client organizations and other contracts management teams, motivated to succeed, and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to interface with internal customers and to build and maintain meaningful relationships while driving the procurement process.
- Decision maker, having led strategic sourcing or contracting initiatives that produce results.
- Lead cross-functional teams in supplier sourcing, using knowledge of commercial contract law to guide the development and assessment of pertinent contractual terms and conditions.
- Understand supply chain cost modeling to challenge and negotiate appropriate pricing.
- Works with relevant market sector and commodity managers to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies
- Pro-actively operates across business segments
- Routinely communicates openly and with integrity with key business stakeholders to align direction between contracts group and the internal customer directions
- Pro-actively explores the wider supply and industry markets to identify opportunities that can leverage for great benefit delivery or to mitigate supply risk e.g. Technology developments, acquisition impacts
- Understands business requirements for third party goods and services
- Leads, executes, or supports the full sourcing process which includes development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and contract execution.
- Routinely project manages sourcing activities prioritizing against business objectives
- Shapes, as necessary, contractual terms and conditions for review by legal, leveraging latest thinking in contracting methods to minimize risk and maximize advantage
- Identifies, implements and realizes value through effective ''strategic cost management'' utilizing best in class methods (e.g. should cost) and tools (e.g. e auctions)
- Undertakes due diligence in mitigating all external supply risk from supplier selection through to contract execution
- 5+ years Sourcing and Contracting experience in at least one or more of the following categories: Operations & Maintenance, Indirect procurement, Field Managed Projects, Engineering, Projects or Construction
- Bachelor’s degree or additional 2+ years in related field
- Category Management, Supplier Management, Contracting, and/or Sourcing experience in multiple E&P organizations
- Technical certifications in Contracts Management related fields or degree in Supply Chain Management
Udelhoven Corporation - 18 months ago