Journeyman Electrician supervises the installation crew and all aspects of grid-tied PV systems for our residential customers, placing an emphasis on quality and efficiency. This person will also lead efforts for safe work practices for the Solar Topps installation team.
- Oversee the installation of residential PV systems, ensuring that the systems are code compliant and operational.
- Manage a three-man crew and train crew members to install safe, quality, efficient PV systems.
- Develop a crew schedule, plan and execute the installation of projects in daily/weekly pipeline and maintain documentation for each project; ensure adequate inventory for each installation.
- Demonstrate and enforce knowledge of OSHA standards and safety requirements relative to the installation of PV systems.
- Interpret PV drawings and reference NEC codes and regulations.
- Communicate progress/status to the operations management team to ensure timely installation and successful completion of each project.
- Interact with customers with professionalism.
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety.
- Possess Arizona Journeyman Electrical License.
- NABCEP certification preferred.
- Knowledge of general construction, electrical and roofing systems.
- Previous experience in PV installations systems is required.
- Ability to read construction drawings.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, crawl spaces, etc.
- Capable of lifting 70 lbs.
- All candidates to be hired must successfully pass a background check and drug screen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Back to Careers
Read more about Solar Topps.