The DeltaV Software Development Lead Engineer will be designing, implementing and leading a variety of software projects. Some of the assignments will involve desktop and server virtualization.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Using object oriented technologies design and implement new process analysis and deployment tools for the process control system DeltaV
- Understanding and modifying existing software
- Design and implementation of virtualization management software for highly available systems
- Training other engineers on software development methodologies and use of newly developed products
- Generation of software concepts and designs
- Peer review of C++ and C# code
- Project planning and project management
- Software defect management
Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science plus 6 years of related experience required
- Object oriented analysis and design skills
- Computer programming experience in Java, C++ or C#
- Demonstrated skills in successful implementation of analysis and control software
- Good knowledge of current state-of-the-art software development methodologies and tools
- Good communication skills
- Experience leading small teams in software development projects
- Good understanding of software architecture and software design documentation practices
- Good document writing and presentation skills
- Good understanding of PLC or DCS control systems is a plus
- Experience with design and implementation of SQL based data storage systems is a plus
- Programming experience with Microsoft PowerShell and WMI
To apply for this job opening please click here.
Additional Company Information
Emerson Process Management is a leading supplier of process management products and solutions, including control valves, regulators, transmitters, analyzers, and automation and safety systems. Its Process Systems and Solutions business makes automation, safety, and operations management systems – built on the proven PlantWeb digital plant architecture – to help plants run more safely, reliably and efficiently.
As part of Emerson Process Management, Process Systems & Solutions (PSS) has expertise and capabilities in all phases of the process automation lifecycle from early planning and design, through project engineering, project execution, commissioning and ongoing operations.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package to include medical, prescription drug, and dental plans; 401k with company match; profit-sharing; company paid life, AD&D, and travel insurance; educational assistance in form of tuition reimbursement; short-term and long-term disability plans; matching gift program; and holiday and vacation plans.
Emerson - 22 months ago
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...