I-State Truck Center is a Freightliner dealership. With 7 locations in Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota and Montana, we currently have several rewarding opportunities available in our Service Departments.
Because Diesel Technicians play a critical role in our desire to be the very best at serving our customers we are seeking qualified candidates who share in our vision. Come join our Growing Team!
- Dispatching orders to the appropriate technicians.
- Making sure the work gets done efficiently.
- Opening & closing out tickets.
- Managing the technicians' work.
- Performing work as outlined in repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose the cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with the parts department to obtain needed parts
- Save and tag parts if warranty.
- Document all work performance.
- Road test vehicles when required, to quality check work performed, keeping in mind that customers’ vehicles are not to be used for personal errands.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins
- Ensure that customers’ vehicles are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Perform functions and duties of the job that may require additional or different tasks to be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments).
Ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Positive attitude.
- The ability to set goals and accomplish them.
- The desire to take advantage of certification opportunities to have the most updated product training.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Requirements for Shop Foreman:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with diesel engines and heavy duty trucks.
- Must have your own set of general tools.
- Be able to work with diagnostic computers for troubleshooting and repairs.
- Use computers for web based training and work order system.
- Technical degree or certification a plus.
- Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions.
- Cummins, CAT, Isuzu or Sprinter experience a plus.
- Excellent compensation
- Continuing certification training
- Generous benefits including insurance options, vacation, holiday, and sick pay, 401(k) with employer match.
I-State is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.
Indeed - 19 months ago