1- Provides chronic care management, training, motivational interviewing and other clinically based activities as assigned, based upon recipients severity of condition. Educates the patient about their disease state as well as other health issues relating to their plan of care. May also provide face-to-face interventions.
2- Daily monitoring and crisis intervention if necessary.
3- Communicates with providers in the community regarding the consumer's treatment needs and develops appropriate care plans for specialized needs of members.
4- Collects and enters clinical data in Paradigm or NEO for tracking and metrics reporting purposes.
5- 1-Coordinate professional multidisciplinary meetings to discuss patient care and treatment
6- Other duties as assigned.
• BA In Social Worker, Psychology or Nursing
• Master's degree in the behavioral health field
• One year of related behavioral health clinical experience is also required.
• Experience in managed care environment preferred.
• Case Management experience preferred.
• Knowledge of quality management processes
• Knowledge of Medicaid behavioral health programs and regulations
• Familiarity with health technology trends, applications and required functionality
• Skill in team coordination, facilitation, and communication in order to facilitate the exchange of information/ education, enhance goal achievement; augment abilities of client/family support network
Skill in use of research tools in order to critically evaluate existing practices, opportunities, and outcomes.
• Assess incoming work and prioritize for assignment and completion.