This is a 4-year term position.
This individual will lead EIA’s efforts to develop new and maximize current relationships with external organizations and employers, connecting Middlebury students to diverse, high-quality internship and employment opportunities and expanded networking and mentoring opportunities. Position reports to Associate Dean of the College and Director of
Employer development and relationships
Marketing and campus connections
- Identify and cultivate opportunities in fields of interest to students, developing a diverse array of internship opportunities for undergraduates—particularly paid internships—and seniors seeking employment.
- Identify opportunities in fields of high student interest that are currently underrepresented as well as in areas of projected growth
- Travel to develop and expand current relationships, participate in college events individually and with other
and College Advancement colleagues
- Partner with employer relations team in maximizing current employer relationships
- Work with staff, faculty, alumni, and parents and friends of Middlebury to strategically develop relationships and expand networking, professional and experiential learning opportunities for students in targeted areas
- Develop in-depth understanding of Middlebury students and evolving student interests in the areas of experiential learning and career directions
- Work collaboratively with career services and internship colleagues in developing student outreach strategy and marketing of opportunities
- Participate in on-campus events, including employer visits, panels, workshops (involves some night and weekend work, particularly during academic semesters)
- Connect across constituencies and stakeholders (staff, students, alumni, trustees, faculty, parents and community members) to exchange information regarding organizations of interest to Middlebury students
- Work closely with internships team and career counselors in developing programming and outreach to support student preparedness and engagement with opportunities
- Serve as a member of
- With associate dean, serve as liaison to College Advancement
- Provide data required for strategic analysis and projections
- Supervision of professional and/or student staff as needed
BA required, MA in academic discipline or professional area preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker with good attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Understanding of the liberal arts education model and ability to articulate its value to external audiences
- Computer literacy to include word processing, database management, research methods and analysis. Willingness and ability to adapt to new technologies and systems.
- Familiarity with web editing and social media tools
- Familiarity with Middlebury College and its programs
- Five to ten years of professional experience
- Professional experience in areas such as communications, marketing, working internationally, science, technology, or environment a plus
- Experience in program design, development and implementation and familiarity with career fields of interest to liberal arts students preferred
- Expertise in career services, development, alumni relations, or marketing a plus
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a 4-year term position.
Some postings require contact information for reference providers for confidential letters of recommendation.
Recommendation Letter Requirements
Monterey Institute of International Studies - 12 months ago