The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Full Time Phlebotomy Services Floater.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, work hours vary, weekend rotations
Currently, we seek a Phlebotomy Service Floater. As a Phlebotomy Service Floater, you will perform the daily activities as described below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Greet and treat all customers in a courteous manner.
2. Ensure all field phlebotomy and PSC specimens are collected accurately, on time, and according to established procedures.
3. Responsible for completing all requisitions accurately.
4. Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order. Package specimens for transport.
5. Maintains required records and paperwork, and all appropriate PSC/Phlebotomy logs.
6. Assist with compilation of monthly statistics and data.
7. Perform basic clerical duties, including but not limited to: filing, faxing, preparing mail, answering telephones, and electronic data entry.
8. Communicate professionally with clients and patients to resolve or refer, and document problems, prepare problem documentation and report critical issues as they occur.
9. Perform all duties of Phlebotomy Services Rep II.
10. Ensures facilities are neat, clean, and in good repair.
11. Act as a mentor and resource person for new employee, assisting with transition into the PSC work environment and familiarity with department protocols, practices, and procedures.
12. Assist with the preparation of schedules for the assigned work group or PSC's.
13. All other duties as assigned, within the scope of the position.
Supervision Exercised: May be required to provide input to Group Leader and/or Supervisor on occasion.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Medical training helpful medical assistant, paramedic. Medical terminology helpful. Phlebotomy certification preferred.
Work Experience: Phlebotomy: 3 years inclusive of pediatric and geriatric venipuncture, capillary collections. Minimum of 6 months as Phlebotomy Service Representative II in Patient Service Center environment preferred. Keyboard/data entry application. Customer service in a service environment.
1. Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and geriatric venipuncture, capillary collections.
2. Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays and overtime. May be required to work occasional on-call duties weekends, evenings and early AM.
3. Must have reliable transportation, valid drivers license and driving record that meets Quest Diagnostics driver safety guidelines.
4. Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner.
5. Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting.
6. Excellent keyboard/data entry skills preferred.
7. Demonstrated familiarity and compliance with all protocols, practices and procedures of Branch Operations Department.
8. Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise good judgment. Seek supervisor guidance when appropriate.
Key Word Search: phlebotomist, phlebotomy, pediatric, geriatric, PSC, IOP, specimen collection, MA, venipuncture, blood draw, CNA, urine, medical assistant, venipuncture, laboratory.
How To Apply
After clicking the button at the top or bottom of the page to Submit, applicants will answer a series of questions and upload or enter resume information. After submitting for this job opening, watch your email inbox (and spam filter). Applicants are sent an email inviting them to complete a required online interactive evaluation, to demonstrate knowledge and abilities, and allow Quest Diagnostics to learn more about them.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality products and services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Dedicated people improving the health of patients through unsurpassed diagnostic insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Quest Diagnostics - 14 months ago
Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 million...