IT System Administrator/Cloud/Redhat Linux/Cisco UCS/EMC/SAN/Clearable to Poly/Louisiana
USA-LA: LOUISIANA-BOSSIER CITY
Remote Work Authorized
Yes, 5 % of the Time
TS/SCI with Polygraph
Mar 5, 2013, 3:44:54 PM
CSC has an exciting opportunity for a System Administrator focused on operating, maintaining and upgrading a private, customer provided, Cloud Infrastructure as a Service environment. Individual may receive training on cloud-specific infrastructure and systems. Successful candidates must be willing to obtain Clearance. May be required to be on-call, work weekends and some evening work.
- Experience with virtualized products (i.e. VMware, vCenter, vSphere) and providing support to Enterprise-wide virtual
systems is desired
-EMC Storage or other SAN experience desirable.
-Cisco UCS experience desirable.
- RedHat Linux O/S administration is desired
- Experience implementing and sustaining virtual systems in a teaming environment helpful
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements
Essential Job Functions
•Interfaces with end users to independently resolve problems concerning system function (s) which have been escalated
through a problem ticket process and generally are outside of established processes and procedures
•Reviews assessments of diagnostic information and determines alternatives.
•Maintains currency regarding technological, process/or other advances, specifically in line of service, to ensure team
performance and to achieve team objectives.
••Provides data for daily metric reporting. Provides systems software and hardware documentation and assesses system information where appropriate.
•Recommends and implements enhancements in order to ensure efficiencies.
•Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity
issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure
continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Upgrades system software and hardware components as required to meet business needs; coordinates backups.
Ensures upgrades are occurring in accordance with established parameters.
- Installs, tests, upgrades and configures system files and services to enhance performance.
Current DoD clearance a plus
- A+, Security+, System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) certifications desirable (successful candidates will be expected to obtain at least one of these certifications within 6 months of hire
's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field preferred
Four or more years of experience with computer systems or networking
Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades
Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and multitask
Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
CSC est l’un des leaders mondiaux dans le conseil ainsi que dans la mise en oeuvre, pour les entreprises, de solutions et de services...