This is a hands-on position for a Sr. Linux Systems Administrator or Linux Systems Administrator (level based on experience).
- 5+ years hands-on experience in technical operations as a Linux admin. RedHat/Centos/Fedora distros preferred. Other variants (including AIX, HP-UX, Solaris) a plus.
- Rock solid Linux systems administration troubleshooting, monitoring, system configuration, tuning& optimization, performance analysis, backups and recovery
- Expertise in Perl or shell scripting. Other languages a plus.
- Commercial experience on administering scalable, multi-tenant, on-demand solutions using: - open source technologies: Web (Apache, Tomcat), DNS/Bind, Nagios/Netsaint, Sendmail/Postfix, Samba, Ldap, Asterisk, etc - Virtualization : VMWare/Xen
- Must have experience in Production, Development, and/or Staging environments; including daily hands-on operation setup, configuration, and general maintenance and extensive troubleshooting
- Basic SQL skills. Relational database administration experience (e.g. Oracle, or MySQL)
- Have an understanding of caching, load balancing, high availability and redundancy
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work well both independently and as part of a project team
- Demonstrate skills for proactively identifying and resolving problems
- Be able to take control of a technical situation and resolve it quickly and professionally
- Understanding of Linux networking (routing/NAT/iptables).
- Familiarity/experience w/ Cisco devices (layer2/layer3 switches, routers, firewalls) a plus.
- Familiarity/experience w/ Windows administration/applications a plus.
This is a Full Time position, with Medical, 401k, & dental benefits.