B. KEY OBJECTIVE:
Responsible for investigating; settling high exposure, high risk claims. Insure high level of customer service and claim file quality.
C. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Confirms coverage of claims by reviewing policies and documents submitted in support of claims.
• Analyzes coverage and communicates coverage positions, as warranted, under direction of supervisor and coverage unit.
• Conducts, coordinates, and directs investigation into loss facts and extent of third-party damages.
• Directs and monitors assignments to experts and underlying defense counsel.
• Evaluates information on coverage, liability, and damages to determine the extent of insured's exposure.
• Sets reserves within authority or makes claim recommendations concerning reserve changes to supervisor.
• Reports to reinsurers and facilitates the prompt collection of reinsurance on those matters where they are accountable.
• Travels to conferences, mediations, and trials as necessary.
D. SCOPE INFORMATION: (include operating budget, revenue goals, reporting relationships, # of direct/indirect reports, etc.)
This position reports to a line of business Claims Team Leader, Claims Manager or other more senior claims leader.
E. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum of 5 years General Liability, Products and Automobile claim handling experience.
• College degree or equivalent business experience.
• Ability to work independently and assimilate learning materials on many different subjects from various sources.
• Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
• Ability to deal with customers in a professional manner.
• Authoritative knowledge of ACE coverage, products, services, and liabilities.
• Ability to self-motivated and self-start.
• Ability to make independent decisions using ACE best practices for guidance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and customer service skills.
• Capable of dealing with highly visible and demanding customers.
• Must be able to effectively work in a team environment.
F. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Should have high degree of specialized and technical competence in the handling of high exposure claims with emphasis on hands-on file management. Experience with International Claims preferred.
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration or associated field.
• Multiply jurisdictional claims handling experience.
• Completion of basic IEA claims courses.
• IEA certification.
• Self Insured Certificate.
• ARM 54, 55 and 56.
• CPUC certification.
Ace Group - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...