Job Code: 75086
Location: Lewisville, TX US
Travel Involved: 0-10%
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education: High School or equivalent
Category: Healthcare - Laboratory/Pathology Services,Healthcare - Other,Science
med fusion is carving a unique niche in healthcare in the DFW Metroplex. Med fusion has created a new, patient-centric support model for medicine, integrating advanced laboratory services and clinical trials services to support both healthcare providers and biotech/pharmaceutical companies. This holistic approach facilitates more effective and efficient patient care, greater access to integrated information and technology and increases collaboration for clinicians. In short, med fusion focuses on optimized allocation of resources for healthcare institutions.
Headquartered in Lewisville, Texas, med fusion includes a 130,000 square foot clinical laboratory (projected to expand to 500,000 square feet) and a dedicated test development and validation team to quickly meet the needs of clients. med fusion currently has over 200 employees and is growing rapidly.
For more information about med fusion, and to apply for open positions, please visit http://www.medfusionservices.com/joblistings.html
The Laboratory Associate may perform any of the following activities under the direct and constant supervision of a Cytogenetic Technologist and provide support in the clinical laboratory by assisting with instrument operation and maintenance and specified aspects of the pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical procedures under direct supervision of certified staff. Other duties include, but are not limited to, specimen management, clerical functions, inventory control and general lab upkeep.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform specimen collection, labeling, handling, preservation/fixing and processing/preparation.
- Perform department-specific specimen management functions including: specimen transport, tracking, retrieval, storage and disposal.
- Assist with the preparation of culture media, chemicals, reagents and solutions using approved procedures utilizing pre-measured materials, fixed volume pipettors, spreadsheets with defined formulas and calibrated instruments.
- Transcribe data that has been previously recorded and reviewed by certified personnel or produced automatically by an instrument or computer generated. Laboratory Associate shall not read or record test results and or perform any mathematical calculation relative to determining the results or the validity of a test procedure.
- Stain slide preparations for microscopic examination.
- Assist with pre-analytical preparation: (e.g., uncap/cap specimen tubes, prepare racks, reagent preparation, worklists, enter/scan specimens and load automated instruments).
- Label tubes, plates and slides.
- Record digital temperature; notify licensed personnel if temperature is out of range.
- Assist licensed personnel with harvesting, preparation of slides and/or specimen preparation for chromosome analysis.
- Assist licensed personnel with instrument/equipment preventive maintenance and troubleshooting; recognize instrument software/operating error messages.
- Assist with monitoring the department pending and overdue lists, which includes, searching, locating, following up and filing appropriate documentation (e.g. Test Not Performed (TNP), Missing Specimen (MSP), Quality Not Sufficient (QNS), tracking notes).
- Clean, organize and maintain work area, glassware and laboratory equipment (e.g., refrigerators, freezers and supply cabinets, as needed).
- Perform other departmental tasks such as filing, archiving and retrieving slides, reports, requisitions/other paperwork and answering the telephone.
- Assist with supply monitoring, ordering, inventory and storage to ensure adequate supply.
- Communicate information/problems to appropriate individuals within and across shifts.
- Maintain awareness and keep abreast of new developments and/or changes in policies and procedures. Read written and electronic communications, postings and protocols.
- Attend departmental meetings as required; read and initial meeting minutes if attendance is not possible.
- Comply with health and safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) equivalent and 1 year clinical laboratory experience and/or training preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field is required.
- Prior specimen handling and computer experience preferred. Basic computer skills are required. Previous experience with Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Office products are preferred.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a positive working environment!
Insperity is not a staffing agency. In fact, most of our listings presented are great full-time or part-time opportunities with small- to medium-sized companies. By delivering HR services such as recruiting, payroll and training, Insperity can help its clients focus on what they do best. And because we have the inside track to these firms, you'll have a jump on your next career!
HEALTHeCAREERS Network - 12 months ago