GrammaTech is seeking a Systems Administrator to become an integral part of our company and IT team. This is a full time, salaried position with a comprehensive benefits package and a flexible forty-hour work week.
GrammaTech operates a diverse network of high-performance engineering Linux workstations and servers along with leading edge Windows administrative systems.
As part of a nimble IT team, you will support the use and growth of the company's computing resources. This will include configuring Linux and Windows systems, diagnosing performance concerns, and enforcing standards of tight security and high quality. This position also plans and leads complex infrastructure projects, many of which are critical to core business function.
- Strategic projects
- Participate in strategic planning and execution of IT initiatives.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect electronic resources.
- Routine operations
- Diagnose hardware and software problems.
- Maintain computing environments, operating systems, applications software and hardware.
- Support engineering and administrative departments with logistical and technical needs.
- Perform backups.
- Monitor network performance and security.
- Development/tactical planning
- Lead the installation of new systems and repair of existing systems.
- Find opportunities and plan/implement changes to improve systems and network configurations.
- Provide cross-group support of systems and activities, actively participating in ongoing dialogs.
- Broad understanding of Linux/Unix environments, in-depth knowledge of IP based networks
- Working knowledge of NFS, LDAP, TCP/IP, DNS/BIND and mail systems
- Familiarity with IT security best practices
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize across multiple activities
- Confident and responsible attitude driven toward continual professional growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work occasional off-hours for systems-related maintenance
- US Citizen as defined by ITAR
Bonus Skills (preferred but not required)
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, and a minimum of three years of experience with Linux/Unix operating systems in a complex technical environment.
- Formal training beyond a four-year degree is desirable.
Résumés should be sent via email to email@example.com .
Please use reference SA13-01 in the subject line, and
state your citizenship.
- Ability to write shell and Python scripts
- A security clearance or the willingness to be submitted for such
- Familiarity with Visual Basic
- Recognized certification in IT security, Linux, or networking
GrammaTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GrammaTech, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard