This is a full-time, exempt professional position reporting to the Executive Director of the Decatur Area Education Coalition.
The Facilitator works with the Executive Director and the Communications Coordinator, as well as with community partners, vendors and volunteers, to coordinate the conversations and plans of the volunteer groups around the three primary goals.
Although the work of the stakeholder groups and EdCo will change over time as new goals and strategies are developed by the community, the following are some of the current tasks performed by the Facilitator.
- Facilitates interaction among practitioner and stakeholder groups.
- Facilitates meetings of Collaboratives and Communities of Practice.
- Ensures accurate documentation of discussions, including clear follow-up and up-to-date posting on Basecamp.
- Interfaces with Data Analyst and other resouorces to fulfill data needs required to inform discussions.
- Meets with Coordinating Committee to ensure accurate communication between practitioner groups and those responsible for identifying themes between groups related to needs and community solutions.
- Communicates needs and related resources in order to develop action plans.
- Facilitates the Communities of Practices as managed by the Program Administrator .
- Assists in the preparation of work plans and other strategic tools developed by the working groups tracking progress against the plan.
- Maintains schedule of meetings of stakeholder and professional groups.
- Keeps work of Collaborative and professional practice groups moving forward.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Knowledge and skills
1. Capability to function as a team member
2. Comfortable taking the lead to manage the workloads and schedules of others
3. Must be able to work with diverse populations
4. The position will require some evening hours and occasional weekend hours.
Essential Functions and Duties
1. Ability to work independently
2. Highly efficient in the organization of time, space, materials and groups
3. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
4. Knowledge of Microsoft office, to include Excel, Publisher, and Word
The Facilitator’s office is currently housed in the Decatur Area Education Coalition office at 125 North Water Street, Suite 300, Decatur, Illinois.
The Decatur Area Education Coalition’s mission focuses on making Decatur and Macon County among the most proactive communities in Illinois, and the country, relative to improvement of its citizens through education..
The Decatur Area Education Coalition (EdCo) believes the extraordinary challenge of helping all citizens master skills to prepare them for a productive self-sufficiency throughout their lives requires the cooperation of all community stakeholders including business, educators, parents, out-of-school providers and community organizations.
The Decatur Area Education Coalition identified three goals to make this vision a reality:
- Every child is fully prepared for success when entering Kindergarten.
- Every student masters or exceeds grade level work.
- Every student graduates from high school with the skills and resources to enroll in college join the workforce and “re-career” as adults.
For more information about EdCo, please visit our website at http://www.edco4kids.org.
When applying, please include cover letter AND resume.