The Art/Creative department is searching for talented Craft Designers that can create and hand craft mock-ups of potential product ideas with mass marketing and manufacturing purposes in mind. It’s a unique opportunity for a talented career professional, with hands on crafting, embellishment skills and a focus on high-end product development. Out of state and freelance work is not available for this position. This is a full-time position located at our corporate offices in Oklahoma City (only) and no relocation assistance provided.
MUST EMAIL resume and attach 8 to 10 photos of your craft projects that showcase variety of skills and mediums. Consideration for this position requires both. Please email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Craft and embellish mock-ups of high-end pieces with product development and manufacturing in mind. (Some products are mass produced for our retail stores)
- Some craft projects are photographed as inspirational project ideas, presented in FREE “Project Sheet” pamphlets, which are available in all Hobby Lobby stores.
- Project Sheets are intended to inform and inspire customer creativity.
- Responsible to craft high-end, design-forward items (prototypes), intended for exclusive Hobby Lobby product lines, to be manufactured and sold in all Hobby Lobby retail stores.
- Receive instruction from Craft Leadership, follow art direction, meet deadlines and fulfill creative expectations.
- Professional crafting and design skills are required!
- NOTE: Lifting and physical effort is required for this position. Large warehouse space contains all necessary materials and mediums for projects to be designed and crafted. Lifting and physical effort is required for finding, pulling and gathering materials to craft projects.
- Work well under pressure and very attentive to details.
- Knowledgeable of industry trends related to currently popular themes, colors, patterns, textures, fabrics, etc…for furniture design, home décor, jewelry, etc.
- Basic sewing skills required.
- Good communication skills for working well as a team player.
- Well-rounded with hands-on craft design skills experienced in all mediums.
- Paper crafting, sewing, floral arrangement, jewelry, calligraphy, painting, etc.
- Solid work ethic and able to work extra hours occasionally.
- Full-time position (40 hours/week).
- Physical effort required for part of job responsibilities.
- 401K Program
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation & PPTO
- Employee Discount
Hobby Lobby - 19 months ago
At Hobby Lobby, we know the value of exceptional people. More importantly, we want to find the right people to integrate into our workforce....