Perform lead responsibilities in promotional, instructional and inspection duties relative to community sanitation and environmental health in one or more of the following areas: Food establishments, swimming pools, tattoo and body/piercing, temporary food permits, food vendor trucks, day care centers, personal care homes, institutional dietary areas, hotel and motels, environmental complaints, etc.
EEOC CODE: 20
GRADE: 49 Minimum Qualifications Three (3) year's work experience in the Environmental Health field; and graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Physical, Biological or Environmental Health or closely related field; or a combination of education and/or experience. (PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED) Special Requirements 1. Must possess a valid Tennessee driver's license or secure one as o date of employment.
2. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet county requirements of automobile insurance as of date of employment.
3. Work requires some stooping, bending or climbing.
4. Must be able to work a modified schedule which may include some after hours and weekend work.
Duties and Responsibilities 1. Performs lead responsibilities of a zone/assigned geographical area or outside of the main Environmental Sanitation Department.
2. Conducts surveys, investigations and inspections according to established procedures.
3. Compiles and analyzes data and make appropriate recommendations.
4. Provides training to lower level employees.
5. Reviews work performed by lower level employees for quality control purposes.
6. Conducts plan reviews and special studies.
7. Collects and analyzes samples.
8. Investigates complaints.
9. Works with public to promote compliance and understanding of work codes and ordinances.
10. Serves violation notices and prosecutes violators.
11. Keeps records and make reports.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Considerable knowledge of the modern methods, principles, techniques and practices of public health sanitation in the area of specialization.
2. Ability to coordinate and direct the work activities of assigned personnel.
3. Knowledge of policy code and ordinances related to the area of specialization.
4. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with public officials, businessmen, homeowners and others.
5. Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department
- 3 years ago - save job