Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
MUST POSSESS A CURRENT TS/SCI SECURITY CLEARANCE. Associates degree in one or more engineering or science disciplines or equivalent technical training and related work experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. One year of ATM architecture experience is desired. Possess a minimum of three years experience in network management, configuration, design and implementation and at least two years experience in a DoD operations C4ISR environment. Possess Comp TIA Security+ Certification. Trained in information assurance to DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II, and certified to this level within 6 months of assignment to this position. Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills. Possess strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of network hardware and software. Familiarity with engineering lifecycle, including requirements analysis, allocation, verification, and system design. Knowledge of mission/operations, analysis, requirements definition, and support. Basic knowledge of available hardware, software, and network products and designs.
Possess Certified Cisco Network Administrator or Juniper Certified Network Professional certifications. Possess a current TS/SCI clearance, and DoD 8570.01-M IA Certification as appropriate.
The Network Engineer provides project network and communications engineering services at a secure customer facility. Furnishes engineering expertise and technical information on requirements analysis, network/communication systems design and engineering support throughout network/communication systems design, development, implementation and testing for approved projects.
• Recommends innovations, design improvements, equipment/media replacement to improve mission operations and functionality.
• Reviews problem reports and participates in root cause analyses and quality reviews. Is responsible for preparation of programmatic and engineering documentation.
• Provides expertise on networking and long-haul communications systems and has a working knowledge of systems administration tasks.
• Analyzes network traffic, quality of service (QoS) and other performance parameters.
• Coordinates all design changes with the Government change control board and provides support to the change control board upon request.
• Maintains an extensive knowledge of C4ISR architectures and concepts.
• Maintains familiarity with QA, CM, and test practices/tools.
• Participates in trade studies for concept development, product evaluation, and design decision making.
• Provides technical support for the planning and scheduling of program tasks.
• Documents designs in appropriate drawings and plans.
• Reviews and assesses proposed changes to the IT infrastructure to ensure network security and information assurance requirements are considered and effectively applied.
• Conducts risk assessments and scans.
• Conducts Certification & Accreditation (C&A) risk analysis, penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, and C&A management for supported networks, assist security certifications and accreditations.
• Develops, maintains, and distributes customer-friendly templates and step-by-step guides to assist customers with IA requests. Researches false positive scan results, coordinates with external activities on compliance, and ensures that vulnerability findings are reported and tracked until resolved.
• Performs other position related duties as assigned or requested.
URS Corporation - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...