Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and advisory services, helps clients understand the complexity of issues such as performance, privacy, risk, controls, and data analysis.
The Deloitte & Touche LLP internship provides an introduction to Enterprise Risk Services. Throughout the program, participants will focus on issues shaping and affecting the profession today as well as topics related to their own career development. Counseling is another aspect of the Internship Program. At the end of each engagement, interns will have the opportunity to review their performance with management. Additionally, staff will serve as "mentors" to this year's intern group. Mentors serve as a vital source of information and advice as well as participating in many of the social activities planned for the interns throughout the internship.
The Business Risk ("BR") service area is comprised of professionals that possess competency and experience in the areas of risk management, business and operational processes, internal auditing, financial reporting and other internal controls, and regulatory compliance. Business risk professionals use these skills to assess, analyze, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of governance, financial and operational control processes, offer recommendations to improve operations, and assist clients with enterprise risk and compliance activities.
The Technology Risk ("TR") service area is comprised of professionals with a broad range of information technology and risk management consulting skills. TR professionals focus on information systems and technology that manage risk and/or drive operational, financial and regulatory compliance processes; as well as solutions that manage the risk associated with information technology itself. These professionals perform assessments, remediation, implementation and integration of end-to-end solutions in these areas. They also deliver advisory services focused on risk and compliance to IT management and senior executives.
Professional and Technical Responsibilities:
Personal and Practice Development:
- Work with engagement teams to learn how to establish working relationships with client personnel
- Learn to exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor
- Learn, apply and deliver Deloitte methodology on engagements
- Learn how to build and broaden consultative skill
- Work under supervision of engagement staff and management to provide recommendations for improved and enhanced business efficiency to clients
- Learn how to manage career by taking proactive career steps - set goals and career plans with advisor/career counselor
- Continue to develop excellent professional oral and written communication skills
- Continually develop through our AERS Learning curriculum of eLearning modules and local and national training programs
- Learn how to support organization and function initiatives
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
- Bachelor of Science/Business Administration with a concentration in Math, Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; Masters in Accounting or Information Systems
- Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.2)
- Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Willingness to travel for out-of-town engagements
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/ about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Are you ready to Strengthen Your Lead? If so, consider Deloitte. The Deloitte U.S. Firms have 60,000+ professionals with a single focus:...