Position Overview : Your role as a Prepared Foods Team Member will include preparing high-quality foods for the Prepared Foods case that are consistent with Whole Foods Market’s quality goals. Additionally you will maintain attractive Prepared Foods displays and support the regional Prepared Foods vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
Responsibilities & Qualifications :Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Give every customer immediate and undivided attention.
2. Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
3. Successfully complete QUEST training program.
4. Keep department supplies filled and maintained.
5. Follow established food safety procedures.
6. Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
7. Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage.
8. Sample department products to the customers.
9. Take special orders and inform the Team Leader.
10. Be aware of new products and their placement.
11. Maintain backstock areas and coolers.
12. Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
13. Practice safe use of all tools and equipment required by the position.
14. Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
15. Know and practice proper lifting techniques.
16. Report safety violations and hazards immediately.
17. Effectively communicate with all Team Members regarding proper department operations.
18. Properly package and wrap products for retail sale.
19. Wrap and store unused products in coolers.
20. Help cross-merchandise product with other departments.
21. Adhere to cleaning and maintenance schedules.
22. Attend all department, store and training meetings when scheduled.
23. Accept and process product from Receiver.
24. Answer telephones with proper etiquette when time permits.
25. Assist other departments when necessary to facilitate customer service.
26. Participate in regional and national sales promotions.
27. Wash dishes and utensils when necessary.
28. Fill and maintain hot case.
29. Prepare sandwiches and pizzas to order where applicable.
30. Peel, chop and slice produce items.
31. Slice sandwich meats and cheeses.
32. Regular attendance is essential.
33. Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader/Store Leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Ability to work well within a team.
2. Can lift a minimum of 15 up to 40 pounds.
3. Able to meet physical job requirements.
4. Must have a passion for natural foods.
5. Able to communicate effectively with others and convey enthusiasm.
6. Possess some customer service experience.
7. Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
8. Is available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
9. Desire to learn all aspects of Team.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the team.
About Us :
At Whole Foods Market , we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing team member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
Whole Foods Market - 3 years ago
Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated 275...